Chapter 3

Zelk POV

Oww, my head hurts like hell. Ugh, where even am i? I look around me and... I am in a narrow street? Wait... I am in the city?! Did anyone see me? Oh god, what the hell?!

I had my back against a brick wall behind a dumpster. I tried to get up but my legs were so weak.

Suddenly a police car drove by.

Someone has definitely seen me.

I looked at a store across. It looked oddly familiar. Wait, I've been here before! I'm only a few blocks away from my house!

I struggled to get up but I eventually did. I looked at the sky. The sun was just now rising. Perfect. This way people will be around.

I peeked my head around the corner. A police car was parked on the road. I had to go that way to get to my house.

Oh my gosh, why is it parked there?!

What do I do?

If I wait here, chances are someone will notice me. If I walk past the police car they'll get suspicious. I mean if you see a 19 year old walking on the street with torn clothes, you'll get suspicious.

Then i had an idea.

I'll go from the back!

When no one was looking, I sprinted the opposite way of the police car. I turned left. Next, I turned again, so now I was at the back side of all the buildings. My legs hurt like hell but what choice do I have? I continued walking until the road ended.

What?

I could see my house a few backyards away.

In a moment of brilliance,
I took a leap of faith and climbed on the fence of the house in front of me.

The lights weren't on, so I assumed the people living here were sleeping.

I got into their backyard with a lot of difficulty. I now noticed my hands were covered in cuts, scars, bruises, and other wounds. In fact, my legs and my sides were covered in injuries too.

I quietly made my way across their backyard. I stood in front of the wall that separated this yard from the next one. The wall was taller and I didn't know if I'd be able to make it.

I took a deep breath...

3,  2,  1

I jumped but didn't quite make it. I was holding onto the wall, trying to climb up.

I felt my hands start to slip.

Finally, I got to the other side. I felt so tired and weak. But I knew I had to get to my house. I was two houses away.

I tried to take a running start, but that backfired. I jumped a bit too early, so I fell and scratched my left arm. Now it was bleeding. I hissed in pain. I wasn't going to give up, so I tried again.

The second attempt had similar results. I got a hold of the wall but I fell backwards. I hit my head on the ground. I was about to pass out, but I saw the lights of the house turn on.

My eyes widened. No, no no no no! Get up now!

I regained my strength and I made it on top of the wall.

Just to remind you, this entire time I felt like dying from pain.

A guy came out of the house yelling something. I jumped to the other side and run to the last wall. Unluckily I tripped on air and fell to the ground.

The guy from the other house screamed at the top of his lungs for help. He screamed so loud that I thought my ears would bleed.

Next thing I know is that a woman living in this house saw me. She opened her window and saw me, who was trying desperately to get up.

Well fuck.

She got her phone and called the police.

I stood up and run towards the last wall.

Another leap of faith was made.

I made it to the other side and I went over to our backyard's door. It was a glass door, so I was able to see my mother sitting on the sofa. I banged on the door.

By this time tears were streaming down my face.

She eventually noticed me and rushed to let me in.

I fell inside and she closed the door behind me.

"Where the fuck have you been?! The entire city has seen you!" She screamed at me like it was my fucking fault.

"I-i'm sorry" I muttered under my breath.

"Shut up! Go take a shower and wear something else! The police might come to question us about the mysterious beast that attacked the city last night.

I nodded and headed straight upstairs. I went into my room first. I took a red hoodie and black jeans. Then I went into the bathroom and left the clean clothes on top of the washing machine.

I glanced at the mirror before I got in the shower. There were scars everywhere.

What happened to me?

After the shower

I dried off with a towel and then I got dressed. I also dried my hair a bit.

I went downstairs to find my parents talking to the two neighbors next door. The same two neighbors I had broken in their backyards.

I went pale. They wouldn't recognize me, right? I mean, I chose this outfit so I could hide the scars and bruises.

"Did you see anyone in your backyard?" Said one of the neighbors.

"What? No." Answered my dad.

"Okay, sureee." The other guy eyed me suspiciously.

I felt my knees get weak.

My mother closed the door and both my parents turned to face me. I felt my stomach drop.

"Do you know how much damage you've caused?"

"W-what di-"

"DO YOU KNOW HOW CLOSE YOU GOT TO GETTING YOUR COVER BLOWN?!"

My father slapped me across the face.

"If they had caught you, our reputation would have gotten ruined. "
My mother said to me.

"Well, I'm sorry I'm not normal..."

"You're moving out Zelk."

"WHAT?! Where am I supposed to go?!"

"Figure that one out on your own."

"You are over 18 and we can't risk that happening again."

"You only care about money and your stupid fucking reputation!" I screamed at them. Wrong move. That earned me another slap in the face.

"Shut up you little piece of shit! It's not our fault you're a fucking werewolf!"

"Well, I didn't choose to be one!"

This time I earned a punch to the stomach. I let a grown escape my lips.

"You have a week to move out, or else we'll kick you onto the streets." Said my mother coldly.

My parents left the house, to go to work since it was so early, I assumed. Now i was left alone. All alone with silence. I went into my room. My stomach hurt a lot and I felt like throwing up. I sat on my desk.

What am I supposed to do?

Where am I supposed to go?

A/n
Heeeelloooooooo
I don't know what else to say say so
I wish you have a fantastic dawn or a spectacular midnight!

Word count: 1183