Aluke-You're Mine

IM NOT DEAD HAHA BUT IVE MISSED YALL

Alex is, to say the least, jealous.

Jealous and confused and possessive and clingy and sad and a little angry.

Like, seriously. Why couldn't his boyfriend have been created fully and completely gay?

You know those TikToks that show how god made whoever the creator of the video is, and the creator is pretending to be god as they pour labeled glasses of water into a bowl?

Yeah, well here's what Alex thinks. He imagines the big man upstairs was up there, doing his thing, creating the perfection that is Lucas Patterson. He poured a lot of humor, kindness, selflessness, attractiveness, and overall good personality into that bowl.

Then he got to the cup labeled 'likes boys' and looked at it real hard for a few seconds before saying, "Hmmm..." and then pouring one-third of the cup into the bowl.

One-third of the goddamn cup.

He couldn't have even put half? He couldn't have done Alex the favor of making Luke equally as into girls as he's into boys? Or even, dare Alex say, more into boys than girls? Or maybe he could've been like Alex and decided boobs are just simply not for him.

But no. 

Now Alex has had half the chance to win over Luke's heart, and it's honestly his biggest confidence boost knowing he's dated Luke not once, but twice. That Luke chose Alex over a girl in the long run.

So why, you might wonder, is Alex so upset?

Because Luke and Julie are the cutest fucking exes the world has ever seen.

Like, come on! Alex loves them both, but he doesn't love them together! And maybe they're not together anymore, but they're the most unproblematic, supportive exes ever. On the outside, they're quite literally the definition of 'a cOuPlE oF bEsTiEs'. 

Why couldn't they have just had a huge fight, broken up, and then gone on hating each other forever? Maybe then Alex could've slept peacefully at night.

They had the big fight. They had the break up. And for a few weeks, they did hate each other. Neither even cried over the breakup at first, and Alex would know because if he wasn't listening to Julie scream profanities about Luke in Spanish, he was watching Luke shoot darts angrily into a dart board with Julie's pretty face taped to the front.