Chapter Five

As I stood in the elevator waiting for my floor; I was thinking about how much I hated hospitals. But I got over it for my father's sake. Monica and I makes these weekly trips to Connecticut at least twice out the week to see him and every time I leave I feel as worse as I did when I got here. I hated seeing him this way but I knew if it was the other way around he would do everything he could for me.

The elevator doors open as I stepped out I pass the station of nurses and doctors on my way towards dad's room. Outside his door were Ronnie and Dave two guards hired to watch after him.

"Hey fellas," I said walking up to the two men.

"Hey boss how's everything?" Ronnie asked.

"Livable, I can't complain. But keep up the good work," I said to both men before opening the door to my father's room. When I walked in I heard the beeping of the monitors as usual but was surprised to see that mom was there. I remained at the door wondering if I should stay or come back another time.

"You don't have to leave Blu," She said standing to her feet.

"I know I just thought I would give you two a minute, I know you haven't seen him since the incident at the house," I said walking a little bit closer.

"I been here for a good hour now and I actually was hoping I ran into you, come on have a seat," She said and I agreed as I walked over and took a seat. We both were lost in thoughts not knowing what to say or how the other must be feeling.

"Look Ma, it's not your fault—" I said before being cut off.

"I'm not upset with myself Blu, I'm not upset at your father. I won't allow myself to be mad. At first I was I can't even lie and say I wasn't but I talk to God and I took a vow, I just wish that didn't ended like this" She said laughing to me as she continued.

"But I was so upset with Benjamin and your daddy getting him involved into this lifestyle of creeping and cheating. But I was even more upset with you because Benjamin wanted to be just like you. And you wanted to be more like your daddy. But I now know Ben is his own individual he was the one who made this choice for his life, I can't be mad at you or your father for that." She said to me

I honestly didn't know what to say as she sat in the chair with her foot tapping the floor, because for days now even I blamed myself for Ben and dad not telling mom about anything. My father waited until he was in the ICU to confess to my mom that we exposed Grandfather's old trading company to launder money for drug lords, and that he was involved with serval women during his time he was away on business. Ben following straight into our father's footsteps

"I know why your father did what he did and Ben is just evil. Why did you choose this life for yourself?" She questioned me.

I stared up at her not really sure how to answer this question because I guess I could have chosen any career but my heart wasn't in working for somebody else to make rich.

"I don't know I guess I always knew this was what I was going to do. When I wasn't home I was on the street and then dad wrote us a check for ten thousand dollars and, I'm good at many things but I'm the best at this." Mother leaned back in her chair and took a deep breath she couldn't even argue with me because like Ben I made my own decisions in life, but she couldn't say she didn't worry for us.

I looked over at the door and Ben he was just standing there; he walked in and stood at the side of dad's bed. Tubes hanging in and out of his nose as he survived off a life support. It hurt our hearts to even think that Dad wouldn't pull through this so he didn't, he believed in fate and time.

Was it dad's time? Does he honestly believed that he would pull through.

"Mom promise me you won't take Dad off just yet." Ben said while still keeping his attention on Dad.