Chapter Fourteen

*Benjamin's P.O.V.*

I opened the door and entered the main foyer of my house. Taking in the view of the entire 10,856 square footage of land that I haven't had access to since the divorce. She's here; I walked towards the back of the house and stood in the doorway to my old master bedroom as I saw Lauren sitting on the edge of the bed with her towel wrapped around her body and her hair is wet dripping down from her shoulders. She buried her hair in the palms of her hands.

I was ready to approach her, I never thought I'd see her naked again like this. Before I make my case I wonder  if she'd let me fuck. I walked slowly into the room as I approached her. I touched the side of her shoulder as I spoke.

"Ben! You scared me... what are you doing here?" She looked up at me placing her hand on top of mine removing it from her shoulder. I was surprised by her actions as I felt myself becoming defensive, whatever she was mad about she didn't have to take it out on me.

"No reason. I was just in the neighborhood. Had a long day, wanting to come home to my kids and home" I said now standing up walking pass her and looked around the room as I notice a glass carafe full of scotch and helped myself to a glass.

I took a gulp of scotch and swallowed it. I knew something was bothering her now, Lauren hardly ever disregards my affection, hence the the twins and when she does it's usually means something is on her mind.

"Ok what's going on, and don't tell me nothing. I know you and I know when something isn't right." She said to me as I walked up beside her. Once again she said nothing just staring at me waiting for me to tell her. Her eyes were glazed with pain

She finally broke her gaze as I placed my drink on the nightstand.

"How was your day?" I asked her as I slipped my hands in between her legs. She stared at me wondering was this a trick question.

"It was fine I guess went and got some things for the baby, basically unisex things since we don't know what we're having yet." She said with her freshly manicured hands intertwined.

"Interesting," I said now with my eyes all bugged out. I grabbed my glass placing it to my lips as I tilt my head emptying any content that was left in the glass. Grunting my teeth from the burning sensation that traveled down my throat.

"Ok Ben you're really starting to scare me now what's going on with you and this bizarre behavior?" She asked me. I cocked my eyebrow smirking at her

"I'm starting to scare you?" I asked laughing but I'm sure she know not to respond so she didn't.

"What do you think I'm going to do to you?" I said as l walked closer to her backing her up against the bed as each of my hands was place on each side of her arms.

"I don't think you'll do anything to me, I just know that it's getting late and you have been drinking way too much. So why don't you just go to bed and deal with whatever is bothering you tomorrow." She said attempting to move as she grab my arm but I pulled away.

"I don't want to go to bed," I told her now said backing away from her. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened the tv app on phone to turn the tv on.

"Ok whatever do what you want to do, but I'm going out. I have to meet Monica at the bridal shop." She said as I began to walk away.

"Lauren," I called

"Yes Ben?" She asked me freezing in place as I turned around and faced her.

"Come watch a movie with me."

"A movie Ben, I am late I really don't feel like doing anything but getting ready."

"Come on it'll be fun." I said casually holding the phone in my hand as I  walked pass her and into the lounge area of our bedroom to see the tv clearly.