Chapter 32 - Lost Without You

"It's almost your birthday sweetheart!!"

Athanasia almost jumped herself out of her bed as someone suddenly jumped on her while sleeping.

"Wha- Mom!!" She groaned, rolling herself in annoyance. "Don't go waking me up like that!!"

"What?" Diana pouted. "I'm just excited, your birthday is in 5 days, and it's not just your birthday, it's your 18th birthday!!"

Athanasia frowned. That reason didn't make her annoyance fade away. Family or not, no one should wake her up so early in the morning in a rowdy manner. Unacceptable!

"So you better wake up now sweetheart! You got a lot of stuff to do~!" Her mom sang, sitting up as she pulled her daughter out of her bed. "You'll grow old fast if you just lay in your bed forever."

"When will it be the day where it's just my bed and me...?" Athanasia complained, getting herself dragged by her mother to the bathroom.

"Go wash yourself up, darling. I'll be waiting here and maybe pick you some good clothes to wear for today~" Her mom said, closing the door behind Athanasia's back, leaving her standing alone in the bathroom with her unruly state.

"What a good morning..." Athanasia sarcastically muttered, rolling her eyes. "Well, since I've woken up, I have no choice but to start my day..."

....

"Mom, it's the last day of my dance lessons right?" Athanasia asked, her eyes busy with tying her corset. "When will the instructor come here?"

"Hm, at noon, I guess?" Diana answered, waiting for her daughter to finish dressing up. "You took a lot of time there, do you need some help sweetie?"

"I was about to, but I got it." Athanasia breathly laughed. "And~ I'm done!"

"Perfect!" Diana stood up and peeked in her dressing room to see her daughter in a dress that she picked earlier. "My, oh my, you look stunning, Athy!"

Athanasia chuckled and gave herself a twirl. "Am I? Well, I'm my mother's daughter after all~"

"Indeed!" Her mom agrees, pulling her into a tight hug.

"M-Mom! You're crushing me..."

"Ah, my apologies!" Her mom let go of the hug. "Here, let me style your hair. It's been a while since I've done this."

"Okay!"

-

"Dad," Athanasia called, scooting her chair close to her dad who is reading an article. The latter hummed in response.

"Do you think that I'm going to be a good ruler?"

Claude looked up, facing his daughter with a frown. "What?" He asked.

"I mean, I'm almost 18 now and I'm your only child, meaning I will be the next ruler of the empire..." Athanasia said, looking away awkwardly.

Well, in one of the timelines, she almost became queen but she died protecting her people with her family, and time repeats. She really doesn't know how to be a good ruler nor to be a perfect role model to her people. She's just. Herself.