Chapter 11 - Think

Deep in the forest near Obelia, there is a mysterious cave that is abandoned by the miners for years after finding out that the cave was ‘cursed' no one ever entered the cave again.

Then years later, a magician came to ‘visit'.

“Ah, you've come,” said a man with a deep voice. His voice echoed down the dark and deep cavern.

“I was wondering how are you hanging their old man,” Lucas said as he took off the hood of his coat.

“You're 50 years older than me…” the man said with a deadpanned tone. “You're the old man here.”

“You looked like an old man than me,” Lucas scoffed.

The man cackled. “Just you wait! I’ll be free again and once I'm free, I’m going to find the jewel and destroy thee loop!”

“Too bad for you old man,” Lucas said with a smirk as he leaned his shoulder on a huge rock. “I got the jewel first before you have your body.”

“You're trying to change the timeline again…” The man snarled. “It's no use! That’s what fate is, you can't change what’s already there!”

“I don’t believe in fate and I'm not on good terms with the gods above. I can do whatever shit I want,” Lucas said, glaring at the tomb with his glowing red eyes. “I was never good at following rules, remember that.”

“I know that yet the gods are still the ones winning, you have no chance to win Lucas! You always end up losing!!”

Lucas stood up, raising his hand on the tomb, a red glow appeared on the palm of his hands. “I know your ways now, Nicholas. And this time I'll teach the gods who are the supreme here.”

“W-What are you doing?!!” the man yelled in panic, feeling his soul getting pulled in a very strong force that he can’t fight.

“I planned to kill your body before you escape from the tomb again but Athanasia don’t want violence, so I'll just take you away and maybe use you for experiments.”

“You can’t do this to me, Lucas!! The gods won’t forgive you!!”

Lucas looked down coldly to the tomb as he slowly took the man's soul away for good. His lips then curved up into a smirk.

“That’s what I planned all along.”

-

“Father?”

Roger huffed as he heard his son's voice. He’s still busy with his work and he doesn’t want to get disturbed in the middle of it.

“What is it, son?” He said, flipping through the pages and read them thoroughly.

“I wanted to ask you something, if… is it okay to you…”

Roger's hand stopped and looked up to face his son. The curiousness in his eyes is very clear to see.

He supposes he doesn’t mind giving his son time to talk to him.

“Ask away,” Roger said, dropping everything in his hands and clasp them together.

“I know that it’s kinda none of our business but what was in that box that you want me to give to you when I came in Arlanta?” Izekiel asked.

Roger tilted his head. “I was expecting for something but nevermind. About the box, I don’t know, the magician just told me that he deeply needed it.”

“Is that so?” Izekiel nodded. “It's just that when the first I touched the box, it felt weird…”

“Weird?” Roger raised a brow. “What do you mean son?”

“It’s… nothing…” Izekiel sighed, looking away as he scratched his nape. “Maybe I'm just hallucinating.”

Roger tilted his head, confused about his son's actions. “Do you want some rest? I could cancel all your works.”

“You could do that for me?” Izekiel's eyes widened in surprise.

“Yeah, there’s nothing a father could do.” Roger smiled at his son. “You could also go and have fun with the princess if you'd like to.”

“That sounds great.”

“Then, I'll go and cancel it.”

“Thanks, Dad,” Izekiel said, smiling at his father. “I’ll be going now.”

“Okay, take care son!”

“I will!”

-

Back to Lucas. He's now on his way back to Obelia with the thought of making a small celebration with the princess as he finally finished his work.

Though it doesn’t feel right.

The way he easily captured Nicholas like a Pokemon is just feels so weird and wrong.

And he knows that whenever he feels something wrong, there is clearly something wrong.

He just doesn’t know what is it.

It’s been bothering him ever since he got out of that dirty cave. Which is making him want to throw the bottle where he put Nicholas in and just punish his soul for being the most unlucky dude in the kingdom.

Though he can’t hurt a soul. Luckily for the old man. (the author meant Nicholas, not Lucas-)

He'll definitely find a way to give that old man a good old smack on the face that he's been wanting to do ever since the loop started.

As he remembered, Athanasia's always the one who gets a good hit on Nicholas (It’s because he's weak for her and lets her hit him first).

Lucas lets out a sigh, shaking his head. He felt lonely for being the only one remembering the different timelines and knowing the loop. He wanted someone to talk to about it and maybe make some jokes just to forget the bad moments.

Maybe it’s just Nicholas's presence that made him feel like this.

That annoying old man.

And of course, the author meant Nicholas and not Lucas.

-
kinda looks like a Lukiel chap lol