Chapter 3 - Attendant

I walked out of the library after my private class with my tutor. I let out a sigh of relief as I stretch my arms up.

"That was so tiring.." I groaned.

I turned to see someone standing in front of me. My eyes widened as I recognized the person, it was Ijekiel. I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment when I thought that might have seen me earlier when I walked out of the library.

"Hello, princess," Ijekiel smiled at me, as if he didn't saw what I was doing earlier. "Are you finished with your class?"

"Y-Yeah.." I nodded, not making eye contact with him. "What brings you here?"

"His Majesty called for father, so I went here with him because I want to see the princess," Ijekiel said in a very innocent way.

Really.. is this the Ijekiel that I know?

"If it's okay with you.." Ijekiel reached his hand to me, with his other on his back. "Would you like to have some tea with me?"

I stared at his hand then back at him, I want to refuse his offer but I might made him think that I'm avoiding him about yesterday.

I reached up to his hand and smiled at him. "I would be happy to."

Ijekiel chuckled, shaking his head. "It's really hard to act like this with you, princess. I'm used to what we are in the past."

"Oh, please. I hate it when you act like that," I huffed rolling my eyes. "I'm kinda uncomfortable with it."

"Then, would you like to be act comfortable with you?"

"I'd like that."

-

Lily served us tea and snacks, placing it on the table. I tried my best not to drool at the delicious sweets that looks like it's begging me to eat them.

"So, how is it in Arlanta?" I asked, taking a sip of my tea.

"It was great, I made some friends," Ijekiel smiled more as he remembered his days there. "You know, my friend, Hari, took me to a very famous sweets shop."

I almost choked on my drink. "She took you there??"

"Yeah," Ijekiel blushed. "It was kinda embarrassing but she don't have someone to hang out with that time."

"Hmm.." I nodded. "I can tell that you really had fun there."

Ijekiel smiled. "If ever we got a chance to go to Arlanta, I'll show you where the sweets shop that Hari took me to."

"Really?!" I beamed, earning a nod from Ijekiel. "Yay!! I wish dad would let me go."

"Sir Ijekiel."

We both turned our heads to the person who called Ijekiel. A boy with black hair and-

Wait a minute.

"What is it?" Ijekiel replied.

Ruffly black hair and red eyes. Isn't he the guy that I met yesterday in my garden???

"Sir Roger told me to call for you, it's time to go back, sir," He said with a bow.

"Okay," Ijekiel nodded, turning back to face me. He must've notice my expression when I saw the black haired boy. "Oh, Athanasia, this is my attendant by the way."

Attendant??

I turned back to Ijekiel's attendant, staring at him from head to toe. Well, the way he stood and wear, he definitely look like an attendant.

But his face is..

I almost jumped in surprise when my eyes landed on his face. He was staring at me. I raised my brow when I noticed the corner of his lips slowly moving up. Is he trying not to smile.

"His name is, Lucas Maxwell Carson." Ijekiel's voice made me got out of my trance, turning back to him.

And, Lucas Maxwell Carson? Such a fancy name.

I shook all of my thoughts out and smiled at Lucas. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lucas."

And there, Lucas smiled back genuinely. "The pleasure is mine, princess. You look more beautiful in personal than the paintings."

I almost made a frown on my face. I'm sure that he's not acting like that to me when we first met and how is he acting like it's his first time seeing me?

"Now that you two are now acquainted with each other, it's time for me to go," Ijekiel stood up, putting his napkin down. "I apologize Athy."

"It's okay," I smiled at Ijekiel to reassure him. "There will be next time. See you then."

"See you too, Athy," Ijekiel said back, bowing at me before walking away.

Before Lucas followed Ijekiel he smirked at me. "We meet again princess. It's sad though that our time together is short."

"So you were acting like you don't know me," I glared at him.

"Why? You don't like it?" He raised a brow, smirking.

"Go away, I don't want to talk to a jerk like you." I sighed, looking away.

I heard him chuckle. "It's cute to see that you're still acting like that to me even after what happened..."

Huh?

I turned around to ask him what he was saying but then he suddenly appeared behind Ijekiel's retreating back and went inside the palace with him.

I looked down to the table, staring at my hands. I suddenly feel something aching inside me. It felt weird and painful.

"What was that..?" I muttered.

-
short chapter again T~T sorryyyy