Chapter 19 - Hurts

Remember the past. Athanasia.

Athanasia gasped, having the same dream again. She sat up with her hair all over the place. Everything seemed normal but then she suddenly felt something painful in her chest. She noticed that her chest is glowing right where her heart is located.

A sign of a clock appeared on her glowing chest, ticking oh-so-slowly. She stared at the clock in confusion until she was hypnotized. A globe burst out from her body, surrounding her and glowing brightly.

Her eyes began to glow in the dark as she was lifted by the sphere that she made and then...

An explosion happened.

All the guards in the emerald palace immediately rushed to the princess's room only to see the room destroyed or in their perspective, the room looked like a hundred years has passed. There were mosses around the room, the walls in ruins but old, the floors were creaking and dusty. And was filled with insects which some of the guards are disgusted at.

"What happened?!" The king and queen of Obelia arrived in the room and just like the guards, the two also stopped in their tracks and were surprised at what they saw.

There, they saw Athanasia sitting on the now broken bed, staring blankly at the destroyed wall then she regained her consciousness, blinking then gasped in surprise.

"Athy! Sweetheart!" Diana rushed to her daughter despite the weak floor. She pulled Athanasia to a hug. "What the hell happened? Are you okay? You're not hurt right?"

"M-Mom, I'm fine..." Athanasia chuckled, feeling relieved. Thank goodness her mom is here or else she might have panicked.

Claude pulled his family away from the room where it's safe and let Athanasia sit down at a random couch in the hall. The maids immediately went to give the princess a glass of water to calm her down.

Claude stared at his daughter as she got attacked by the crying maids if she's really alright. He gently put his hand on Athanasia's forehead and felt her mana. His eyes widened at what he discovered. "You inherited the time magic, one of the dangerous magics in the world..." He muttered.

"What?" Diana frowned, pulling her daughter closer. "Is it bad? Is it gonna harm our daughter?"

"Not only if she could master it—though it's weird..." Claude hummed, raising a brow, checking her mana more. "It looks like you've been unconsciously using it for like... Years..."

"Years?" Diana and Athanasia simultaneously said, tilting their heads in confusion. They earned a nod as an answer from Claude.

Claude and Diana talked while Athanasia thought about Lucas, she remembered him holding a book about time. Maybe Lucas is also in to this and knows about it, since he also sometimes shows up in her dreams. And maybe he could also help her with it and stop the dreams.

"His majesty is right." Speak of the devil.

Lucas came in the scene and stood behind Claude. His eyes glanced at Athanasia, and she swears that she could clearly see the relief in his eyes—well, that's good to know, Lucas is relieved then that means nothings wrong with her—he faced the emperor back with a serious look on his face.

"I noticed something wrong about the princess when I first saw her, so I immediately went to her side to check what it is and there I sensed a strong mana in her," Lucas explained—it's a half lie of course, Lucas knew about what's happening to Athanasia.