Chapter 20 - Tag, You're it

"Now... It's time for revenge!"

-

This can't be true... This can't be! Athanasia told herself as she ran and ran, away from Lucas.

After finding out the truth, Athanasia ran away. She didn't mean to run away, it's not like she doesn't want to believe or Lucas is talking nonsense, she just ran and just spat random things at him. She doesn't know what's wrong with her, which annoyed her to the bones that she ran away.

Flashes of memories appeared in her mind as she ran, memories that she don't remember yet familiar to her. Her heart's beating like crazy, not from the running but from the memories that kept on appearing. Slowly, she feel a bit dizzy almost making her stumble down the grass, luckily, she found a tree to find her balance.

She was panting, sweating, groaning. The pain in her head is killing her, the memories that kept on appearing are making her lose her mind. Deaths, sacrifices, end. All. One by one, those memories rushed into her mind like a river. She started to cry, choking over nothing until her knees gave up, pulling her down.

A magic circle appeared beneath her. The same magic circle that she always unconsciously use. She began to panic and tried to stop the spell, fortunately for her, the spell stopped though it took some of her stamina to stop it. In those loops, she's been trying to master how to stop the spell, she almost succeeded on the last timeline though failed. But now, she can stop the halfway process of the spell.

Her eyes glowed blue, brighter than the mood above, the ticking sounds became more clear in her mind.

"Remember the past, Athanasia."

"I-I remember..." She breathed, the ticking sounds are slowly fading, the memories too. "I remember..." She repeated.

She finally found her strength and stood up. She has to find Lucas. How dumb of her to run away from him! Though she also has to make sure that he's still there or if he went back to the tower.

As she turned around, she saw Ijekiel walking towards her. What is he doing here? And... He looks weird. This presence feels familiar but she couldn't get what it is.

But something tells her that this is not Ijekiel.

On the way towards Athanasia. Ijekiel smiled. "Good evening princess."

I found you

-
Short chapter sorry