35

Songs recommended for this chapter:

1) A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
2) If It Is You by Jung Seung Hwan

"Nayeon?", a voice then called, Jisoo's heart skipped at that, because she'd recognise that voice anywhere. Nayeon and Jisoo then looked up and Jisoo's heart dropped at the sight when their eyes met.

"Jinyoung?", Nayeon said, surprised.

"Hey.", Jinyoung said, taken aback as he glanced away from Jisoo.

"I-i thought you were on a business trip.", Nayeon said, peplexed.

"I was. I just got back.", Jinyoung said as he swallowed. Nayeon then realised that Jinyoung was probably just as perplexed.

"Right. Jisoo and I just bumped into each other earlier, and decided to catch up.", Nayeon explained, combing her hair back.

"Oh.", Jinyoung said as he nodded, Jisoo and him then made eye contact again. Jisoo looked away as she inhaled.

"I-i have to go.", Jisoo said suddenly with a tight smile as she handed Nari back to Nayeon gently, smiling at the baby making cute noises as she did and whispering soft goodbyes, "Sorry..", Jisoo said with an apologetic smile as she glanced down at her watch, "I just have somewhere to be in an hour Thank you so much though, I'll see you both around.", Jisoo said.

"Oh, right. You did mention it earlier.", Nayeon said as she remembered, adjusting Nari in her arms, "This was nice, Jisoo. Stay safe.", Nayeon smiled smally and Jisoo nodded, returning the smile as she stood up. She then looked at Jinyoung with a small smile.

"I guess I'll see you at the next meeting Mr.Park.", Jisoo said quietly and Jinyoung's breath hitched.

"R-right. Okay.", Jinyoung stammered.

"Bye Nayeon, and bye Nari.", Jisoo smiled and waved politely before leaving. Nayeon then waved back and held Nari's tiny hand up, waving at Jisoo. Both Jinyoung and Nayeon watched Jisoo leave, and Jinyoung exhaled after she disappeared from their sight.

"Thanks for putting me in such an awkward situation.", Nayeon glared as she put Nari back in her stroller, Jinyoung then took the seat opposite Nayeon, raking his hair back, calming himself down.

"You were the one who had lunch with her.", Jinyoung shot.

"Yeah, but you didn't need to creep up on us like that.", Nayeon fired, "And..oh my God. Are you guys that awkward when you work together?", Nayeon asked in disbelief.

"I guess.", Jinyoung shrugged, he then sighed, and Nayeon inhaled, knowing Jinyoung was feeling off.

"Have you eaten? How was Busan?", Nayeon asked, distracting him.

"Yeah, I have.", Jinyoung then replied, snapping himself out of his trance, "Busan was same old same old, I guess.", Jinyoung said, though before Nayeon could respond, Jinyoung then cut her off, "Were you guys together for long? Did she say anything about us working together? Or about me at least?", Jinyoung rambled, taking Nayeon aback.

"Whoa, calm down.", Nayeon said, Jinyoung then swallowed.

"Sorry, I just..", Jinyoung exhaled.

"It's okay.", Nayeon chuckled, "We should you order you some ice tea or something.", Nayeon said, "Just to catch your breath.", Nayeon comforted and Jinyoung nodded. Nayeon then called on the waiter and ordered some refreshments for both her and Jinyoung, after she had done that, she then brought Jisoo up.

"Anyway..", Nayeon trailed, "Jisoo didn't say anything about you.", Nayeon said and Jinyoung felt his heart ache slightly at that, and Nayeon saw the way his face fell slightly.