Chapter 18-November 7

Bethany's POV

I woke up after Derek gave me a kiss on the forehead. "Good morning, beautiful", he said. "Good morning, handsome", I replied. "I made you blueberry pancakes", he said. "How chivalrous of you", I answered. I toke a shower and went to the kitchen.

As Derek had promised, there were pancakes. I sat down on the kitchen table and ate some pancakes. Derek sat down beside me. "You look beautiful", he said. I looked over myself. I was still wearing my PJs and I had built up some stomach fat. "Thanks", I said, because I didn't know how else to reply.

Derek said goodbye and drove to the DWTS studio. He had forgotten my birthday. I couldn't believe it. I felt heartbroken that he hadn't even acknowledged that my birthday is today.

I walked upstairs and looked over myself in the mirror. I was fat and ugly. No wonder he forgot. Who would care for a ugly bitch like me? I knelled in front of the toilet, sticked my right index finger down my throat and puked.

I gurgled a mouthful of water and spit it out before going downstairs. I watched a few episodes of Grey's Anatomy before I got a phone call from Derek.

"Hello"

"Hey, Beth, I wanted to know if you could come to the studio to help get some ideas flowing and to help me show Jen some of the trickier moves"

"Uh, okay I'll be right there"

"Okay, see you soon, love you, Beth"

"Love you, too, Der"

I hanged up the phone and got dressed in a pastel orange crop top, a pair of loose white shorts with black print design and a pair of brown high heel boots. I left my hair in its natural curls and put on a little bit of make up, leaving me with a more subtle and natural look and drove to the studio.

I noticed it was quiet,usually there is music blaring out of each of the studios. I got to a studio with my name on the door and entered it.

The studio was pitch black. I reached over with my left hand and flipped the light switch. "Surprise", everyone shouted. I gasped and stepped back a pace from the shock. It was a surprise birthday party for me.

There were sofas to sit on and tables covered with food. All my friends and family are here. My mom, my dad, Brittany, Connor, Troye, Zoe, Sadie, Janel Whitney, Mark, Val, Alfonso just to name a few, and of course, Derek Hough.

Derek walked over to me. He gave me a kiss. "Happy birthday, babe", he said. "You remembered", I replied. "Of course, how could I possibly forget my beautiful girlfriend's birthday", he joked. I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him again. "Thank you", I said. "You're welcome, beautiful".

I looked around. There was streamers and signs reading happy birthday plastered on the wall. "How long were you doing this for", I asked Derek.

"Well, after I went grocery shopping yesterday in the morning, I came here and was decorating and setting everything up until the evening,when I came to pick you up", he explained. "Wow", was all I could say.

I greeted everyone, getting many happy birthdays along the way. I ate some appetizers and chatted with Sadie. "Okay, everyone. it's time to sing happy birthday to the birthday girl", Derek shouted.

He led me over to the cake which read "Happy Birthday, Bethany". The lights were turned off and the candles were lit up. Derek stood beside me and everyone began to sing happy birthday.

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Bethany, happy birthday to you

"Make a wish, babe" Derek said. I looked around and thought for a moment. I shut my eyes and wished I could be beautiful. Then, I blew out the candles. Everyone cheered. I sat down on one of the sofas and ate my slice of cake.

Derek came and sat beside me. I sat silently, not saying a word to him. "I thought you forgot my birthday", I whispered,"it was the most awful feeling". "Aww, babe, I'm sorry", he said and embraced me in a hug. I didn't cry but I felt empty. "I'm so sorry for lying to you, I should've thought about how you would feel, will you forgive me" he pleaded.

I finished my piece of cake and nodded. "I forgive you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom", I said. I threw my paper plate into the garbage and went to the washroom. It was quite far from the dance studio.

I went into the washroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I don't think my wish worked, I'm still here, as ugly as ever. I went into the stall in the far corner and purged. Out came the cake and appetizers. I ate a mint so that my breath wouldn't smell like puke and went back to the studio.

Derek walked up to me. "Are you okay, babe, you were gone for quite a while". "Yeah, I just needed to get some fresh air because it's really crowded in here", I lied. "Phew, I was worried", he admitted. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you", I said. "No, that's very okay", he replied.

Then, a slow song called a thousand years by Christina Perry began to play. Derek held out his right hand and asked, "Would you do the honour of dancing with me, Ms.Mota". I reached for his hand and answered,"I would love to,Mr.Hough".

We walked onto the dance floor. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and he held my waist. We danced and kissed for quite a while.

Eventually, the party ended. Derek toke me out to a restaurant to have dinner.We talked and ate. We finished eating our meals and sat in Derek's car.

We chatted and agreed that oreos are in fact the best thing known to mankind. "Bethany, I love you so much. I love your dimples and your smile and the way you make me feel when I'm around you. I am so lucky to have an amazing girlfriend like you and I got this for you", he explained. He held a small red box in his hand and opened it to show me. It was a necklace with my name on it, written in cursive.

"Happy Birthday, my beautiful Beth", he added. "I love it, thank you so much. I love you, too" I replied. I gave him a kiss. "can you put it on",I asked. "Of course, sweetheart", he replied.

I held my hair up as he put it on. I waited a few moments before he got it on. He began to kiss the back of my neck, leaving gentle kisses, coming around to the front before kissing me on the lips.

Our kiss got passionate. I played my finger through his blond hair. He slipped his hand under my shirt and began to play with my breasts.

Suddenly, Derek's phone began to ring. We pulled apart and he answered his phone.

"Hello"

"yes, this is Derek Hough"

"She is?"

"Okay, I'll be there soon"

He hanged up the phone and began to drive. "What happened", I asked alarmed. "Well, Stevie woke up from a coma", he replied.