Chapter 7-The Second Heartbreak

Stevie and I went to the bank that day and I payed off her debt. I laid in bed with her that night.

She slept beautifully. I smiled and stared at the ceiling above me. I truly loved Stevie and I was finally letting go of Bethany.

Stevie was so beautiful. She had a melodious laugh and her eyes were the most wonderful shade of green.

My memories of Bethany were beginning to fade away. I felt my heart begin to break.

I loved Bethany, but I was starting to move on. I remembered the first time I kissed her and our first date.

She convinced herself that she was a perfect flop at skating and made me promise to teach her skating after dancing with the stars ended.

I closed my eyes and shake the thoughts out of my head. "Oh Derek Hough, you are so nostalgic", and I fell asleep.

•••

Stevie's POV

I stared at the wall in front of me. I was wide awake, but I was pretending that I was sleeping so that I could have a bit of time to think.

I thought about my husband, Andrew Miller. He was so handsome and caring and quite a gentleman. His wonderful blonde hair and blue eyes were similar to Derek's. That's why I agreed to go on the blind date with Derek when Mark asked me, I was hoping that he could numb the heartbreak.

I remember that Mark Ballas, a good friend of mine called me up. I wasn't home, so he left a message on my answering machine.

"Hey Stevie, can I ask you a favour, I was hoping you could go on a date with my best friend, Derek Hough. I can promise you he is very kind. Trust me, you'll love him. I gotta go, call me back when you're able to"

I had agreed and the rest is history. I don't know if I like Derek or not, but I know that I love Drew way more. I couldn't do this, not with Drew still in my heart. I just couldn't.

•••

Derek's POV

I woke up and smelled some wonderful food being cooked up. It was 2PM. Stevie must have woken up early because she wasn't sleeping beside me.

I got out of bed and brushed my teeth and the other usual things I do in the morning (don't look at me like that, you know exactly what I'm taking about) and walked downstairs. It was 10AM "Good morning, beautiful", I said to Stevie and gave her a peck on the check.

She smiled at me, although it seemed somewhat fake,"good morning to you,too", she said,"I made you breakfast, bacon and eggs with a slice of toast, it's a bit cliché but-""-it's perfect", I said before giving her a short kiss on the lips.

We sat down and ate breakfast. Then, we began to watch a movie.

"Derek, I need to tell you something", she said. I paused the movie and looked toward her, staring at her beautiful complexion and smiled. She was looking quite nervous and my smile began to fade. "What is it, my love", I said. "I'm breaking up with you", she said.

"What"

My heart shattered and began to ache. I felt like I was being stomped on.

"I'm so sorry, Derek, we can still be friends right"

"No, how could you do this to me"

"I'm so sorry, Derek"

"Just get out, Stevie"

"But-"

"GET OUT", I yelled at the top of my lungs. She ran out crying, but I don't care. Right when I let her in, she pushed me out. She doesn't deserve my love, the one that I had previously given to Bethany.