Chapter 9-Just a nightmare

Bethany's POV

"Bethany, you're still here" Derek said. He threw his arms around me in pure relief. "Of, course I'm still here, why would you think otherwise", I asked.

"Because, I had this terrible dream, no nightmare, that you committed suicide and I had to live my life without you, it was the absolute worst thing ever". Tears welled up in his eyes "please don't ever leave me", I hugged him and he sobbed on my shoulder. "Derek, I would never leave you and I would never commit suicide" I explained.

I ran my fingers down his hair and rubbed his back. He eventually calmed down, and took his head out of my shoulder and looked at me. His face was wet, stained with tears. "Thank you, Bethany", he said before walking to the bathroom.

•••

Derek's POV

I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and other things before hopping in the shower. I got out and put on a T-shirt and a pair of loose pants.

Bethany went into the shower and emerged wearing a crop top and shorts. She looked so beautiful, in her simple but gorgeous outfit. I couldn't imagine life without her. Thank goodness, it was only a nightmare.

I sat on the couch with a bowl of cereal and watched Grey's Anatomy. Bethany sat beside me and ate a slice of toast with Nutella. After we had finished our breakfast, we snuggled together.

"Beth, wanna go to the beach", I asked her. She thought about it for a moment and replied with a "sure". We went upstairs to our bedroom and got ready.

Beth let out a squeal and said "this would be a perfect topic for a video". I sighed as she ran to the other room to get her camera. Beth's so loyal to her motavators. Then, a question arose in my head, what would my fans be called? I giggled to myself as Beth came back with a small camera.

"Hey Beth, you know how your fans call themselves motavators, what would my fans be called", she laughed and thought about it for a second,"I'm not sure, maybe Houghsters". We both began to laugh as we agreed that coming up with a fan name is harder than it seems.

•••

We drove to the beach. Bethany was singing to a song playing on the radio, sitting in the passenger seat in her beautiful floral two-piece hiding under her oversized white T-shirt.

She was wearing a pair of brown heart sunglasses and a pair of blue flip flops. Her hair was flowing freely, being blown back by the winds entering the car window. She was also wearing a floppy pink hat.

I was wearing a pair of dark blue swim shorts, and short sleeve flannel that wasn't buttoned, exposing my good looking abs, and a pair of average sunglasses along with a pair of darkly coloured flip flops of my own.

Bethany held up her camera to take some pictures of herself and us. She looked so adorable as she began to sing to a song on the radio that I didn't know the title of. I joined her in singing and we arrived at the beach.

We set up our towels and went into the water. The water was a perfect temperature. I splashed some water at Beth. She shielded herself with her arms and began to splash water back at me. We splashed water at each other before I swam underwater.

"Derek, Derek" she called, looking around for me. I jumped up from behind her and picked her up. She laughed and I began to run around in the water before throwing her in.

Then, I remembered that we hadn't put on sunscreen. I told Beth that I was going to get sunscreen. She said okay and started to swim around.

I walked to where Bethany and I had placed our beach towels and reached into my beach bag and pulled out my container of sunscreen that has a SPF of 45.

I turned around to see Bethany covering her breast in her arms. She was walking across the beach, toward me. There were people surrounding her, taking pictures even thought Bethany was begging them not to.

I ran to her and handed her a towel. "Is it okay if we leave", she asked. "Uh, okay", I said. I grabbed our beach bags and escorted Bethany to the car. I placed our bags in the trunk and then sat in the drivers seat.

Bethany broke down in tears "What happened", I asked. I began to drive to our house as she explained the events, "Andrew Miller, the lifeguard, he stripped off my bikini. He was wadding in the water and then came up to me and kissed me. I tried to pull away from him, and when I did, he pulled me in for another kiss and undid my bikini before throwing it far into ocean and then he ran away, leaving me topless and people started taking pictures and...and it was so mortifying Derek" she said, sobbing into her hands.

Andrew Miller, the name rings a bell. Then it hit me that Andrew was Stevie's husband, the girl I dated in my dream. Although in my dream, Andrew was dead.

"Beth, how do you know his name", I asked her. "Well, we were friends in high school, he was dating this girl named Stephanie Anderson and her nickname was Stevie, I've never actually talked to her, but Andrew says she's really nice"

"I'm sure she is", I sarcastically say to myself, continuing to drive home.