Chapter 11-In the hospital

I wake up on a bed in a room by myself. There is a machine in the corner monitoring my heart beat. I find myself wearing a light blue hospital gown.

There is chair on the other side of the small room, where I see Derek is sitting, looking down at his phone, not noticing that I am awake. I lay in my bed and try to remember what happen. I was jogging. I fell and went black. I must have just fainted.

I begin to get up. Derek looks up at me. "Bethany, you're okay", he say with relief. "Of course", I reply before looking around the room and adding,"what happened". "Um, to be honest, I think that you just fainted". "Oh, okay, thanks for being here with me", I say. "You're very welcome, Ms.Mota".

He leans in to kiss me. His lips are soft and he places his hands on my cheeks. We kiss for a few minutes before we hear,"so, I take it Ms.Mota has woken up", we pull apart and Derek giggles a bit before replying.

The nurse comes in and checks my blood pressure, eyes, ears, mouth, weight, height and my pulse. The nurse leaves the room, leaving Derek and I. "Derek, how did you find me", I ask.

"Well, it was getting late and you were gone for quite a while, so I looked out the window and saw that you were laying on the ground. I ran outside and realized you were unconscious". He explained.

I hear a piercing ringing in my ears for just a few seconds before it subsides. "Ugh, my head hurts".

"Yeah, you fell quite abruptly", Derek replies. The doctor walks back into the room and looks over the papers on her clipboard and addresses Derek. "Bethany is doing okay. The nurse checked her vitals and they are completely fine. I see no problem so you are free to go home", he explains.

"Do the doctors know why I fainted", I ask just as the doctor is leaving the room. He turns around and looks at Derek, then to me. "We're not sure why you fainted to be honest but we suspect it is a one-shot fainting and that it will not be happening again". "Thank you so much", Derek says. "Your very welcome, sir" he replies and the leaves the room.

Derek grabs his belongings off the chair. I change out of the hospital gown and into a pair of leggings and a crop top that Derek brought for me. I check out of the hospital and we go to Derek's car.

He sits in his seat for a few seconds before leaning over to kiss me, it is just for a few seconds but I don't care. "I'm so glad you're okay", he explains. "I love you so much Bethany and I couldn't imagine life without you", I blush and reply with a simple,"I love you,too, Derek Hough".