Chapter 14-Derek's Suprise

Bethany's POV

"Derek, where are we going", I ask. "For the hundredth time, it's a surprise and no peeking", he answers. I laugh.

After Derek and I finished watching Mockingjay Part 1, which by the way was a great movie, he put a blindfold over my eyes and drove somewhere. "Are we there yet"

I felt the car come to a stop. "Actually, we are", he answers. "So can I take off my blindfold", I ask. "No, not yet. I want you to be inside when you take the blindfold off", he replies.

Where the heck is he taking me? He helps me out of the car and holds my hands as he leads me to wherever he is taking me.

Wherever it is, they must have pretty good air conditioner. We continue to walk and then, after what seems like an eternity of walking, Derek says," okay you can take your blindfold off".

I slip off my blindfold and take in the astounding view. He had taken me to the skating rink that we went to on our first date.

There was a Zamboni rolling down the rink, covering the ice in a thin layer of water. Derek tapped my shoulder. he was holding a pair of skates.

I sat down on the bench behind me and Derek assisted me on putting on my skates. He was already wearing his own skates.

Derek helped me stand up. Once I did, I felt a bit wobbly but he held my hand, helping me stay balanced. We walked to the entrance of the skating rink.

"You ready", he asked. I nodded my head. He went onto the ice and then helped me on. I was able to keep my balance since I had learned to bend my knees the last time he had taken me skating. I pushed my right foot back, then my left, then my right until I had enough momentum to cut through the ice.

I began to glide on the ice before I realized that I didn't know how to stop, and that I was heading straight for the wall. I held my arms in front of me to minimize the impact. Then, I smashed into the side of the rink, lost my balance and fell on my butt.

Derek skated up to me. "Are you okay, Beth", he asked. "Yeah, I'm fine", I replied. I began to get up. Derek held out his hand. I grabbed his hand and stood up.

"Perhaps I should teach you how to stop", he suggests. I nod my head,"yeah, that seems like a good idea, since I'm pretty terrible at skating", I reply. He gives me a kiss on the lips and then gives me a demonstration on how to stop. I try to repeat what he showed me and end up falling again.

Derek helps me stand up. "Perhaps we should just do laps around the rink", he says. "Yeah, we probably should", I reply.

We skate around the rink many times. We laugh. I fall too many times to count and we both have so much fun, skating for hours.

We went home. I made hot chocolate and we relaxed and watched a hilarious movie called Pitch Perfect 2. Singing along to all the songs.

I laid my head on Derek's lap and slowly but surely, dozed off, thinking about all the fun we had today.