Chapter 15-The Car Crash

"Babe, babe wake up", Derek said. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "What is it", I asked. "It's Andrew and Stevie Miller, they got into an car crash", he answered. "Andrew died from the impact and Stevie is in a coma". "Can we go to see her", I asked. "Sure, if that's what you want", he replied.

I checked the time. It was 5AM. We got dressed and drove to the hospital. The same hospital that I went to when I fainted. We went inside and saw Stephanie Miller.

She laid on the bed, limp, unconscious. She was wearing a light blue hospital gown. She was pale and her lips were shade of lavender.

There was no one visiting her. It was only Derek and I. A nurse walked into the room and looked at the screen that was screening her heartbeat and other things. She scribbled some notes onto a sheet on her clipboard and left the room.

I grabbed her hand. A few of her nails were chipped. She wrecked of alcohol. "So, what happened", I asked.

"Well, Andrew called me up yesterday and told me that he was going to talk Stevie to an art gallery, you know, the one downtown and he was going to take her to a restaurant he must have drank some wine or something, because when the doctors toke a test on Andrew, they found that he was drunk".

I looked at Stevie, thinking about how she will hopefully one day, wake up and find that her husband dead."What should we do", I asked Derek. "There's not that much we can do", he replied.

Derek's POV

I drove myself and Bethany home. That night I couldn't stop thinking about the accident. In my dream, Stevie explained to me that she had got into a car crash with her husband, he was drunk and that she was in a coma, and now, those same events had happened in real life.

I hope Stevie is okay.