Chapter 13-Hanging out with Andrew Miller

I wake up and go to the washroom and think of the wonderful sex I had with Bethany last night. I go downstairs and make some toast with a Nutella spread.

I begin to watch the season premiere of the Bachelor season 19 when I hear a knock on the door.

I look through the peephole to see Andrew Miller outside of my door. I open the door.

"Good morning, Derek"

"Um, good morning, Drew, you're awake early"

"Yeah, I need to talk to you about something"

"Okay, come in and sit down", I say before leading him to the couch.

"First of all, I would just like to apologize for kissing Bethany and removing her bikini top. After you two left, I swam and got it, so here it is", he hands me a bag. I look inside and just as he had promised, her bikini top was in there.

"I accept your apology, but I think you need to also apologize to Bethany", and just as I finish saying that, I hear Bethany walking down the stairs. She is wearing an oversized T-shirt and a pair of leggings. Her hair is in her natural curls, streaming down her back. She stops walking when she notices Drew and stares at him in disbelief.

"It's okay, Beth. Drew needs to tell you something". Drew looks at me, stands up and walks over to the staircase where Bethany is standing.

"Bethany, I am so sorry for kissing you and for removing your bikini top, I don't know what I was thinking and I promise I'll never do it again", Drew explains.

"I forgive you, Drew", she says and gives him a hug.

Drew and Bethany sit down on the couch. Bethany right beside me and Drew on the chair beside the couch. Bethany grabs my hand and I give her hand a little squeeze.

"Derek, Bethany, I need a favour", Drew says. I am about to ask what is is that he needed but Bethany gets to it before me,"What is it".

"Well, it's Stevie and I's fifth anniversary, it's happening in ten days and I wanted to do something for her, and I don't know what to do", he explains.

"Maybe you can do something that has to do with art, since I can assume she likes art", I suggest.

"Perhaps you can take her to a art gallery or art show" Bethany adds.

"That's a good idea", Drew replies. "Thank you for your ideas, I think I'll do some research on art galleries in the city. I think I better get going. I apologize again for what I did yesterday and thanks again".

"Your very welcome Drew, it was a pleasure getting to talk to you", I reply. He leaves and drives away.

"I made you breakfast", I say to Beth. I hand her the slice of toast with Nutella.

She thanks me and we sit on the couch and finish watching Mockingjay part 1. She has read the entire Hunger games trilogy.

There is a part in the movie where Katniss sings a song called hanging tree. Bethany began to sing along with her melodious voice.

Are you, are you coming to the tree, where they strung up a man, they say who murdered three, strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be, if we met at midnight in the hanging tree.