Chapter 3-Bethany's Diary

"That'll be $5.49", the cashier said. I pulled my wallet out of my right back pocket. Mark places his hand up and says,"don't worry, I'll pay". I sigh and place my wallet back into my pocket, knowing that mark wouldn't let me pay. He pays and I grab the two cups of coffee.

We walk to his car. I hop into the passenger seat and hand Mark his cup of coffee. "Thanks", he says before taking a sip and starting to drive. I take a sip of the coffee. The warm beverage slips down my throat and I sigh.

"Thank you so much mark, I don't know what I would have done without you", I say. "You are very welcome", he replies. "She was truly the one and just like that, she's gone", I say.

I feel my heart tighten. My body aches as I think about her dimples, her smile, her radiant hair and everything else I love about her.

"I know how hard it is to lose someone so close to you, I just want to let you know that I will be there when you need me", he explains. "Thanks", I say.

We arrive at the hotel Bethany and I were staying in. With the help of Mark, I collect our things and check out of the hotel.

I place the items into the trunk of Mark's car and sit in the passenger seat. We sit there for a moment. "Can you drop me off my house", I ask Mark. "Sure", he replies.

He drives to my house and drops me off. Just before I exit the car, Mark taps me on the shoulder, "if there is anything you need, just go ahead and give me a call", he offers. I smile and say "thanks again for everything, I am very grateful to have a friend like you".

I exit the car and grab the things out of the trunk. I see a blood stained knife in his trunk. "Weird", I think to myself, but shrug it off.

I unlock the door and place the large duffel bag filled with all my stuff beside the staircase. I walk into the living room with Bethany's suitcase.

I sit on the couch and unzip the suitcase. It had a floral print on the exterior. I place it in front of me and scavenger through the suitcase. There is clothes, her laptop, her cell-phone and some pads. I didn't know Bethany was on her period. Then, I find something that I had never seen before, Bethany's diary. The title was "Dancing with the Stars diary". I began to read the first entry...

September 3,2014
Dear diary,

Today, I met my dance partner, Derek Hough. He is so amazing. I'm so glad that he's my partner. We started to work on our dance. We're dancing to a song called "shake it off" by Taylor Swift. We're doing the jive. It's quite fast-paced but I think I have been keeping up fairly well, thanks to Derek. He is a great teacher. Tomorrow, they are going to announce the celebrities on Good Morning America. To tell the truth, I'm a bit nervous. I am somewhat representing the Internet by doing this, and I don't want to let anyone down. I hope I do well. Derek has won dancing with the stars five times and I want to make him proud. Another thing that I must admit is that I have a crush on Derek. He is handsome and very kind, but I don't think that he would ever love someone as ugly as myself. I guess I'll just have to see what happens this season...

Love,
Bethany

Bethany had a crush on me since the start, but also a low self-esteem. I can't believe I hadn't notice. I'm such an idiot. I never knew how much pressure I had put on Bethany by dating her and now she died believing that she is a hideous monster.

My stomach started to churn. I ran to the bathroom and puked. I sat there, thinking about all the wrongs I did. She wasn't coming back. She never will be. How could I have been such an idiot. She was aching and I never noticed. I never noticed how she double checked her appearance in the mirror or how she was always asking me how she looked, looking for my approval. Heck, I didn't even know that she had this diary until she was forever gone, and it was all my fault.