SEVENTEEN

"Where are we going?" Shola asked.

"You'll see." Samuel slowly motioned her forward.

"Can I at least open my eyes now?" Holding Samuels hands for support.

As they got closer to their destination she could hear water. Sounded like it was gushing out of something and into another.

'Where are we?'

Obviously wasn't the beach, and she was sure. She flinched a little after a few sprinkles hit her face, tempting her to open

"Samuel!!" She couldn't hold any longer

"Okay. Open now."

Shola's eyes slowly fluttered open. Trying to clear up her visibility after having her eyes closed for a fairly long time.

"It's... a water fountain?" Not something she could have guessed.

"Yes!" Samuel's smile anchored.

Shola returned her gaze to the fountain watching as the water spurted out of the ground into the air, throwing itself up and out in so many different directions while still creating a beautiful rhythm and shape. She liked how the sprinkles that are normally random were used to compliment the shape of the fountain. It was all so...

"Beautiful!"

"I know right?" Samuel held her close with his hand around her back.

"But... Why have you brought me here?" She turned her neck to look as her beautiful eyes caught his.

"Ahh yes." Samuel started. "This very location... is the same place my father proposed to my mother."

"Okay...?" A small crease grew on Shola's forehead as she held her breath.

"I... umm... I might sound a little ridiculous right now and you might think it's too soon or something but... "

Shola cut him, " You want me to marry you?"

"Yes." Samuel voice trailed.

Shola held her forehead as her eyes fluttered,"Oh my God!" She said beneath her breath, walking away from Samuel and towards the water fountain.

"Shit! I am sorry, I shouldn't have. We don't even know each other too well and now..." He returned his gaze to a stunned Shola "Shola?"

Anyone would be stunned. They had just met a few months ago and had been dating in secret. Sneaking to Samuel's home when his mother wasn't around, meeting at the gym before work and going to church just to see each other. It had been a very awkward dating experience for them, but neither could deny they enjoyed it.

Without any response Shola's breathing slowly became faster as her heart rate gradually increased. She wasn't expecting anything of such so soon. 

She loved Samuel so much but was she ready to be his wife?

She couldn't even look at him at the moment, her eyes remained fixed at the pool beneath the fountain, looking at her reflection.