EIGHT

After a very long day of fun, Shola and Seun walked out of the movie theater, Shola holding on to his arm and laughing heavily.

"I am so glad you agreed to watch the cartoon."

"Didn't have much of a choice," He said "You refused to watch 'Finally yours'"

"I didn't feel like." More like she didn't want to.
No way I will be watching romance movies with you after what you did to me last time.

"Is this about what happened before at my house?"

"No. And I don't want to talk about that either."

"That was a long time ago Shola!"

Shola walked forward, taking a gentle breath. "Have you noticed it hasn't rained for a while now?"

"Everybody has." Seun replied "Don't change the topic." He added, following her.

"What topic?" Exasperating him even more.

"Shola!" Seun yanked at her arm from behind with a very commanding voice.

Almost immediately, she pulled back, "Hey!"
"I don't want to talk about it!" She clipped with a stern look.

Seun was always used to being in the driving seat of every situation, controlling things and having them go his own way. The boss, the big man everyone had to pay attention to, everyone but Shola. Because with Shola things were slightly different. With her, he had to focus on controlling himself rather than the situation if he was to ever get a chance with her.

"Okay," he said "Let's forget it. I am sorry."

Shola smiled. "It's okay, we are friends."

"Yes."
Until I make you mine, of course.

They both continued on to hang around the city mall, window shopping. An activity that Shola loved so much. Even though she could afford almost everything she saw, she didn't fancy purchasing any if she didn't need them.

For a sport that she loved so much, she was initially not herself. Feeling a little uncomfortable as her thought drifted back to what had happened between and Seun in the past.

"I can't believe you would do such a thing Seun!" Shola fumed out of Seun's dorm.

"I am sorry babe."

"And all you can think about is my father not findding out?!!" She turned around to him.

"I don't know what came over me, please forgive me Shola." Seun tried to place his palms on her shoulder.

"Take your filthy hands off me!" She quickly shrugged them off.
"I can't risk anything like this happening again Seun"

Seun's expression was easy to read, "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean Seun!" She turned her neck, looking over her shoulder.
"We have to break up" Her voice trailed off. It hurt her as much as it hurt Seun because she knew him as the only person she trusted. At least, until he tried to take advantage of her.

"No, no, no, w... we can't end it this like this!" Stammering as he held her hand.
"What will your father think about me?" All of Seun's worries were inclined on what Mr. Joel will feel if Shola told him about the breakup.

Still disgusted that Seun wasn't worried about what she thought as much as he worried about her father's thoughts, Shola pulled herslef out of his grip and walked off.

"Shola! Shola!" Seun tried to follow before falling to his knee.

"Alright Shola the time is already 'past four' let's go home." Seun snapped Shola out of her thoughts.