THREE

The whole incident was immediately forgotten the next morning. Samuel woke up to a note from his mum.

"I prepared your breakfast before leaving for work. I know it's a Saturday, but there are many important things for me to attend to before Monday. I Don't know what time you will see this but if Jimmy is gone before you wake up, then he has gone for football practice. Be sure to pick him up by 1:00pm. The place is opposite your former secondary school, hope you still remember. Be sure to take an umbrella, it's been raining a lot lately. We will spend time together with the lord tomorrow. P.S. Check the garage. Love you"

He dropped the note on his bed as he stood to take a shower.

With the lord huh? How does he tell her he no longer believed in a creator? He probably wouldn't. Couldn't afford to ruin the thoughts of his little bro, he would never forgive himself.

Guess I am keeping it to myself after all. He took a quick shower and checked the time.

"Twelve? Man I really slept."

Never mind breakfast. Having to see Jimmy play ball was more important to him. He quickly made his way to the garage to a great surprise. His mum had worked on his power bike. Turned that old junk into something sweet. Paint job, new engine, silencer and a dope ass pair of tires.

"Sweet! Love you too mum."

He opened the garage and looked outside.

"Doesn't look like it will rain anytime soon." He grabbed the keys and mounted that baby. Off to football practice!

This place is really cool. But where is everybody? Samuel walked into the field looking around. He didn't see even a fly pass by. Then suddenly he heard two kids. Sounded like they were fighting.

"Hey!" He shouted with his deep masculine voice, running towards the kids.

Jimmy was fighting another boy. Did Mrs. Akande ever spank this kid? I bet she didn't.

You should know better than this Jimmy. He grabbed the two kids, separating them.

"What is wrong with you?" Throwing looks at them. More at Jimmy.

"Uncle he is the one that looked for my trouble." The other kid pointed at Jimmy with his brows all wrinkled up out of anger

"It's a lie oo. He is the one that started it..."

"Hey! Hey! It's okay! It doesn't matter who started it. Fights are dangerous. Don't fight again." Samuel eased the tension, holding their shoulders.
"Who is coming to get you lad?"

"My name is Emmanuel not lad, and my mummy will come." What a sweet mouth.

"Well they better come soon 'cause it's about to rain." He looked up to the sky.

The clouds looked pretty heavy already. What kind of instructor leaves the kids unprotected? I can't leave him here

"Okay let's go sit on the bench and wait for your mum to come."

After a few minutes of sitting, it began to drizzle. They confined themselves in the little shelter above the benches.
"I guess we will wait for the rain. If by then they aren't here, I will take you home myself okay?" The little boy nodded his head with a smile.

The rain didn't look like it was getting any better. Pouring down continuously. The wind carried around the cold. Jimmy of course would love that. There was someone under the rain, holding an umbrella. A feminine structure. Probably Emmanuel's mum.

"Emmanuel!!"

That voice. Samuel strained his eyes trying to see who it was.

"Aunty Shola!" Emmanuel ran under the rain to his aunt.
"Where is mummy?"

"She couldn't come. Let's get out of the rain first." She held his hand but he resisted.

"Don't leave my friends, they waited for me." He pointed back at Samuel and Jimmy

Great! It's that cad again. Seeing it was Samuel.

If it weren't for Jimmy, she would have probably left Samuel there. She waved her hand at them to come. Samuel carried Jimmy and ran out to them as they all rushed into Shola's car. A/C tight. It was a new model car. Aren't those meant to be like, expensive? Probably not for Shola.

"Thanks for help us."

"Didn't you come with a vehicle?" Shola had no interest in being formal with him anymore.

"A bike."

"Who drives a bike around, wearing a tank top in this season." She was being sassy.

"Wait up! What is wrong with you?" Samuel flared up.

"What is wrong with me?!"

"Yah! Last night you suddenly went from this amazing las to something else. And now this?!"

"Oh!!! Okay you think your fancy little British accent will shake me. Well you are mistaken mister buttocks tapper!"

With a sudden glare, Samuel immediately knew what she was talking about.

"You were the one in the bathtub." He said under his breath

"Yes." Feeling a little shame.

Samuel suddenly felt ashamed too. If he wasn't a very dark skinned person, his face would have been as red as Shola's painted lips, as he blushed out of embarrassment. There was an instant ambiance in the car. Shola looked out through her window, feeling frustrated while Samuel could only look down at his feet.

He knew he had to apologize anyways, "I am sorry."

"Hmm. Classic." Shola was on a sassing streak.

"Really. What I did was inexcusably wrong. I really just want to know you."

Shola stayed quiet.

"I was trying to blend in. That's not really who I am."

"You shouldn't change yourself for another. You were brought up differently. Think about your background." Shola finally responded, looking at his irresistible puppy dog eyes.

"Be the Samuel that would forget the world the moment he sees his little brother after eight years. The Samuel that doesn't leave another kid all alone under the rain without protection. Be that guy. Not Samuel for the peeps!"

She immediately turned her gaze to the windscreen, "Thank you for not leaving Emmanuel behind." A slight smile drew across her face.

What a goddess, Shola was born kind and caring. Nothing pleased her more than to see people happy. And she sensed something similar in Samuel, which drew her to him even more. So much more that she could easily forgive him.

"Do I get a do over?"

"Sure."

"Grrrr!" Samuels stomach growled. He hadn't eaten all day.

Shola noticed and reached out for her portable cooler.
"This was meant for work, but I guess I wouldn't be going today anymore." She handed it over to Samuel.

"Thanks." He reached out for the cooler.

His fingers brushed hers and there was that sudden spark of electricity again that went down her loin, making her feet feel so light. Luckily, she was sitting.
She stared at him as he dug into the meal. What was she thinking? She couldn't have possibly stayed away from him for good. They would have eventually met again one way or another, and she couldn't possibly resist his charming looks. She knew it. Those well built arms and chest under that tank top. Neatly shaved beards complimented with a very thick manly voice. And his touch. There was just something about it that she couldn't ignore. He wasn't like other men she had met before.

"Hmm. What were you doing in my bathtub anyways?" Samuel mocked.

"Hey!" she slapped his arms as they all laughed in the car, having fun waiting for the rain to stop.