TWENTY-THREE

Shola dashed out into the parking lot of the hotel unlocking the car with her remote. Her face was dry, her eyes beginning to swell and her breathing short. Sadness overwhelmed her completely, first her father's death, now this.

But she wasn't going to cry any longer, she was done crying. This was her new reality and she was going to face it. No more showing people her tears, no more showing people her pain, no more running. She knew she had to grow and move on, to understand that life gives back to you what you give it. So now, unlike before she was going to give it her all and toughen up.

"Shola!!!" Samuel's voice called from behind, finally catching up to her as she continuously strode to the car.

Getting closer, Samuel grabbed her hand from behind. "Please hear me ou-"

With a quick spin on her toes and a heavy swing of her hand, Shola slapped him, "Don't you dare touch me again!!" Her voice echoing in the empty parking lot.

"All I ever did was to care for you Samuel. I loved you so much and I thought you loved me too."

"I do love you!"

"LIES!!!" She yelled.

"The fountain, the proposal, everything was a lie Samuel. All you wanted was to fuck me... Tch! I should have seen it coming."

"None of it was a lie Shola, my very existence yerns for you Shola. And fine, having sex with you was great but that's not all Shola. I really love you, trust me!"

"Trust you? Ha!" She scoffed. "What did you say again? Umm... 'even if nothing happens between us I will make sure I tap those buttocks', that was what you said."

Even though she tried so hard to stifle up her tears Samuel could still see her eyes glisten.

"Shola..."

"Enough! 'lad'" She sassed with a smile. "Get out of my life Samuel, you got what you wanted." She turned to the car and entered.

"Shola nothing even happened between me and that lady."

"Goodbye Samuel." She zoomed off after igniting the engine.

Falling to his knees Samuel had his head down with his eyes closed. He brought this upon himself and he knew it. No one else was to blame, no one but him. If only he had been more careful with...

Jadesola!!

His eyes drew open as he threw up his head upon realization.

Who sent those pictures and recordings to Shola?

It had to be her, but he wondered why.

Back in his suite Samuel took Shola's phone and dialed the number that sent the pictures into his phone but it wasn't Jadesola's number.

He then attempted calling the number to know who it was but it didn't go through. After numerous trials he finally gave up, there was nothing more he could do.

Unable to identify the source of this information Samuel thumped himself into his bed with his hands dangling under him. He couldn't understand what was going on or why, but one thing he was sure of was that whoever sent this was surely against he and Shola being together. And at the moment there was only one person he knew of.

"Mother?"

***

Arriving back at Seun's home, Shola pulled over just beside the gate, noticing a familiar structure standing by it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Shola!" It was Ezekiel.

"H-How are you?"