Just a rant

People usually make Cross as 1. Murder boi 2. Harmless cutie

3. Overprotective tall guard who kills without remorse. 4.Edgy child

And there are more but this four are the ones I see the most.

I know that people are free to interpret characters.

But I would like show on how that those mentioned four interpretations of Cross is weird.

(Spoilers to Underverse and X-Tale)

Before I start, I don't mean any harm by this. However, since people could get offended, please do not scroll down below if you fiercely believe that the one of the interpretations of Cross that I mentioned is right.

I will assume that you are ready if you scrolled down here.

Let's start.

First, 'Murder boi'.

I will present evidence that Cross canonically doesn't like hurting or killing anyone.

1. In the Underverse Q&A, there was a question of why had Cross only taken half of Sans's soul, instead of the whole soul. (16:39)

Jakei answered by "Oh, that's very easy. Cross simply wanted to be generous with Sans, because he didn't really wanted to do that."

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3pGx7_s_TQ&t=463s

(The Q&A is in Spanish, so you need to turn on the English captions if you don't speak Spanish.)

2.In Underverse 0.3 part 1 (6:15)

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRBOCpuT2r4&t=312s

Cross says "I-I don't want to kill anybody... I-I'm just taking the code of each world to restablish mine..."

"I-I just threatened to kill them so that they could leave me alone."

And before you say that he says this because Nightmare grabbed him forcefully,

he could have said that he hadn't killed anyone like Nightmare told him.

Not 'don't want to kill anybody'.

Why are people interpreting this Oreo as the murder guy?

He's just good at acting murderous.

Yes, he has destroyed his universe but he thought that he could bring them back and he wasn't in control of his emotions. He was literally forced into having genocidal memories and hatred. Also, he's been betrayed by his whole family and was gonna be killed by his own brother if he hadn't resisted even though he was dusting.

AghHhHhH.

Second, 'harmless cutie'.

...Why....just Why.

Did you even see X-Tale or Underverse?

(Please see them both if you had not!)

He could be cute, but harmless?

What??

Just what on earth made you think Cross is a harmless cutie??

Third, 'Overprotective tall guard who kills without remorse'.

Canon Cross is 5ft tall guys.

He's 153cm for Toby fox's sake.

See the XTALE SANS/CROSS Reference Sheet by Jakei

Link: https://www.deviantart.com/jakeiartwork/art/XTALE-SANS-CROSS-Reference-Sheet-823401172

Why are you making him a super tall guy. I don't understand.

I have already showed plenty of evidence of Cross not liking to kill or harm people on the first one so have a drawing of soulless Cross.

Fourth,'Edgy child'.

Cross is 29 or 30. Totally not a child.

Unless it is a multiverse AU of everyone or some of them are turned into children.

But those are exceptions cause they are not interpretations of canon Cross.