Phantom thief multiverse

A story idea that is filled with anime cliches.

On day, Dream and nightmare are a 'normal' pair of twins who are promising students.

But on night... They are the infamous phantom thief duo, Sol and Luna.

Their purpose is to find their mother who have gone missing.

However, there are forces who oppose against them.

The loyal chief of the police unit, Cross who loves to bake and train on his free time.

The angry detective with a mysterious past, Error who makes a doll for every case.

The forgetful inspector of the police unit, Ink who loves to have attention and art.

The unnerving detective with a feared reputation, Reaper who enjoys dark humor.

But there are also allies for the twins!

The mad man in the chair, Sci who drinks coffee like there's no tomorrow.

The cheerful but scary manager of their group, Blue who's home is their base.

The grumpy tool maker,Red who grumble every time the twins break one of his tools.

The flirty designer,Hearts who designs their costumes but he tends to make it too glamorous, making the twins protest.

You can add more characters or change them  if you're gonna adopt this idea lol.

Nightmare's costume's theme is 'Royalty'

Dream's costume's theme is 'Hero'.