Chapter Five

Blaine woke up early on Saturday to make sure he had enough time to make everything perfect. He was getting nervous because he was afraid Kurt wouldn't like his plan and a little depression started to creep in, telling him he doesn't deserve Kurt and he'd be better off without him. Blaine shook the thoughts out of his head and focused on what made him happy: His boyfriend. He needed everything to go well today.

He picked out his outfit first: Black jeans with the ankles rolled up, and a purple polo with a yellow bowtie. He found a matching belt and pair of shoes and threw them on as well.

After getting dressed, he gelled his hair back, and went to his car to run to the store. It was 10:00, so he had time before he had to pick up Kurt. He went to Target and bought a single rose, all of Kurt's favorite candy, which included Gummy Bears, Hershey's Drops, and Peanut M&M's, and then lastly he bought a chain with the initial "B" on it for Kurt to wear. He bought himself a matching chain with the initial "K" on it too of course.

After paying for all the items and getting back in the car, it was now 10:45. He went back home and wrapped all the gifts in a small box with simple blue wrapping paper. It was his favorite color because it reminded him of Kurt's eyes. He grabbed his guitar, the box, the basket with food, and two blankets. It was 11:15, so he started heading to Kurt's house.

*****

Blaine arrived at exactly 11:30. It kind of blew his mind. He was proud of himself to say the least. He knocked on the Hummel's door, holding the rose behind his back.

Kurt answered the door with a huge smile. He was wearing a pink and white striped long sleeve shirt, with grey pants and a grey scarf. He had matching boots to go with it and his hair was styled upwards perfectly.

Both boys' eyes lit up at the sight of eachother. They both just stared at eachother for a solid minute before Blaine said "Hey love" and went in for a hug. He pulled the rose out from behind his back and Kurt accepted it with a wide grin. "You ready?" Blaine asked holding his hand out, to which Kurt nodded and took his hand without hesitation.

They got in Blaine's car and started driving, Blaine holding Kurt's hand while resting it on the gear shift. "So what are we doing today Mr. Anderson?" Kurt asked. Blaine smirked and held his finger to his lips in a "It's a secret" manner. Kurt playfully rolled his eyes and said "Well whatever it is, I'm just glad to be doing it with you." He said kissing Blaine's hand before turning back to look out the window.

20 minutes later they arrived at an open field, with a forest surrounding them. It was sunny out, making all the trees and flowers look even brighter. Blaine jumped out of the car, opening Kurt's door for him and helping him out, then grabbing the blankets, food, guitar, and the wrapped present.

He led Kurt over to an open spot in the grass and layed the blankets out, setting all the stuff down strategically. He and Kurt sat down together and Blaine handed him the present first.

"I know it's not your birthday or Christmas or anything, but I wanted to make the box look nice. It's nothing super big or special, but I just wanted to give you something to show you how much you mean to me. We've only been dating less than a month, but you've been my best friend for almost three years and honestly I don't know where I'd be without our friendship and the support you give me. You help me probably more than you will ever know, and I'm so thankful for you and I always appreciate everything you do for me. I was hoping this day would show that." Blaine finished, revealing the initial chain around his neck right as Kurt opened the box and pulled his initial chain out. He put the chain around his neck and looked at the candy before jumping over and attacking Blaine in a massive hug.

"Thank you Blaine. This is so sweet. But I'm the lucky one. You're so much more amazing than you realize and give yourself credit for and you're so beautiful." Kurt said breaking the hug and kissing Blaine passionately. "I love you" Blaine said. "I love you most." Kurt countered, and Blaine just blushed and hid his head down. He pulled out the food from the basket and they just ate and talked, enjoying each other's company.

When they were finished eating, Blaine grabbed his guitar and sat up straighter. "I want to sing you a song. I know it's probably stupid and-" "Nothing you do is stupid Blaine. I would love it." Kurt interrupted, putting a hand on his arm to reassure him. "Ok" Blaine continued. "Anyways, I figured this song covered how I feel about you and I hope you like it." Kurt smiled so wide as Blaine started playing the tune of "Say You Won't Let Go" by James Arthur.

I met you in the dark, you lit me up
You made me feel as though I was enough
We danced the night away, we drank too much
I held your hair back when
You were throwing up

Then you smiled over your shoulder
For a minute, I was stone-cold sober
I pulled you closer to my chest
And you asked me to stay over
I said, I already told ya
I think that you should get some rest

Both boys knew these lyrics were referring to when they first met at McKinley Sophomore year. Kurt had been pushed into a locker, causing him to drop his books, and Blaine helped him up and made sure he was ok. That moment they both knew they needed eachother in their lives.

I knew I loved you then
But you'd never know
'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go
I know I needed you
But I never showed
But I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go

I'll wake you up with some breakfast in bed
I'll bring you coffee with a kiss on your head
And I'll take the kids to school
Wave them goodbye
And I'll thank my lucky stars for that night

When you looked over your shoulder
For a minute, I forget that I'm older
I wanna dance with you right now
Oh, and you look as beautiful as ever
And I swear that everyday you'll get better
You make me feel this way somehow

I'm so in love with you
And I hope you know
Darling, your love is more than worth its weight in gold
We've come so far, my dear
Look how we've grown
And I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go

Kurt was crying now, and Blaine wasn't too far from it himself.

I wanna live with you
Even when we're ghosts
'Cause you were always there for me when I needed you most

I'm gonna love you 'til
My lungs give out
I promise 'til death we part like in our vows
So I wrote this song for you, now everybody knows
That it's just you and me 'til we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go

Oh, just say you won't let go

Blaine finished the song, with tears finally falling from both boys' eyes. They were happy tears of course though. He put his guitar aside and grabbed Kurt's hand in his own. "So what'd you think?" He asked sarcastically, assuming Kurt liked it, but also a little part of him was still worried that it wasn't good.

Kurt wrapped his arms around Blaine's neck and hugged him tightly. "I loved it, Blaine. Thank you. You amaze me everyday and like I've said before, you are extraordinary. That was beautiful. You're beautiful." He said in Blaine's ear. "I love you" Blaine said. "I love you most. Always." Kurt said as he leaned in and kissed Blaine.

*****

After another while of just talking, Blaine took Kurt home, kissing him goodbye before heading home himself.

He went to bed with some depression, but not nearly as much as before. He was proud of himself, and had to keep reminding himself that Kurt said he loved it, so he had nothing to worry about.