Chapter 8 [edited]

Draco had been avoiding Alisha ever since that night in the common room. He had stopped whispering harsh things to Emma, and now all of his usual crude remarks were thrown at Hermione. This wasn't exactly better, but in his eyes, it was better than insulting Alisha's friend.

Draco made his way to the prefect's bathroom late at night, expecting to see Alisha there. He had given up on avoiding her. As he carefully peeled the door open, he spotted Alisha sitting on the floor, a mostly empty bottle of Firewhisky in her hand. He sighed, closing the door behind him.

"Alisha?" he asked quietly. Alisha turned towards him, looking completely out of it.

"Malfoy," she mumbled, acknowledging his presence. Draco awkwardly made his way towards her. He took in her appearance carefully. Her hair was messed up, she had mascara dripping down her cheeks, and she was VERY visibly intoxicated.

"What did you mean about Lukasiak saving your life?" Draco asked, his voice cracking slightly. Alisha shrugged, taking another swig of Firewhisky. "I was in a very dark place. Emma helped me out of it by just being there. I got out of the dark place with her help. But then I slowly slipped back into the dark place. I didn't tell anybody because I just don't know how to," she slurred. Draco shifted uncomfortably; he wasn't used to people expressing their emotions.

"I think that's enough. You've also had enough to drink, so I'm going to take that," Draco said, grabbing the bottle of Firewhisky. Alisha protested quietly, reaching for the bottle, but Draco held it out of her reach.

Draco poured the remaining Firewhisky down the sink, tucking the empty bottle into his cloak. He glanced at Alisha, debating whether he should risk getting caught by taking her back to the dorms. He let out a breath, shaking his head.

Draco returned to his dorm alone, leaving Alisha drunk, sleepy, and alone in the middle of the prefect's bathroom. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter, but I hope you liked it!

Don't forget to vote!

Stay cool, Anika<3