Chapter 10

Alisha sat at the Slytherin table during dinner, picking at her food. She really needed to eat, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. Draco watched intently from a few seats down, furrowing his eyebrows at her. Alisha sighed, pushing her plate away. She sparked up a conversation with a student next to her, trying to take her mind off of the food in front of her.

___

The next day, Alisha and Hermione were sitting by a tree near the Black Lake, chatting mindlessly. The two had become good friends, seeing as Alisha had told Hermione things she hadn't told anyone. Hermione, being the feisty girl she is, had sat in front of Alisha until she ate something.

Hermione threw her head back in laughter at Alisha's joke, making her smile. Alisha admired Hermione as she laughed, taking in her striking beauty. They were interrupted by Pansy making her way towards them.

"Oh look, Norman found another mudblood to be friends with," she mocked, pouting sarcastically. Alisha growled, standing up.

"You're a stain on the name of Slytherin," Pansy continued. Alisha went to reach for her wand, but Hermione pulled her back. "She's not worth it," she whispered. Alisha dropped her arm, stalking away with Hermione in tow.

"Just ignore her. Years of constant remarks from Pansy and Draco, and now they don't bother me anymore," Hermione said. Alisha sighed as they came to a stop near the entrance to the castle. "I try to, but I have a pretty short temper," she said. Hermione giggled, raising her eyebrows.

"Oh, I know."

Alisha scoffed, placing her hand on her chest in mock hurt. This made Hermione laugh even harder. Alisha joined in on her laughter, a wide grin spreading across both of their face's.

They were both unaware of two pairs of jealous eyes looking their way. But they weren't jealous in the same way.