Chapter 14

Alisha was walking down the hallway, clutching her bag tightly. She stopped as she heard her name being brought up in a conversation. She furrowed her eyebrows, trying to concentrate on where the voices were coming from. She pressed her ear to a door on her right, biting her lip.

"Oh come on, Ron! Alisha and Emma deserve to know! They're good people, and they would love to join!"

Alisha recognized the voice as none other as one of her best friends, Hermione. A look of confusion spread across Alisha's face.

Join what?

"Alisha is in Slytherin, and Emma tells Alisha everything. They're not trustworthy," Ron said. Alisha raised an eyebrow, her look of confusion morphing into a sour look.

"When will you two idiots open your eyes and realize that not every Slytherin is a bad person?" Hermione spat. She grabbed her bag, making her way out of the room. Alisha stood there waiting for her, a stony expression present on her face.

"Emma and I can't join what?" she asked. Hermione opened her mouth to say something, but slowly closed it. She sighed, looking down at her feet.

"I'm sorry, Alisha. But I can't tell you. I wish I could," Hermione said. Alisha chuckled dryly.

"Alright. So I tell you something so personal, but you can't even tell me something that is literally about Emma and I? Some friend you are."

Alisha stalked off, leaving Hermione calling after her worriedly.

___

After Alisha had recounted everything she had overheard, as well as her conversation with Hermione to Emma, she was also furious. The Hufflepuff girl had become just as frustrated with Hermione as Alisha had. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Only six more chapters until the epilogue :)

By the way, this book is absolutely NOT my best work. It started out pretty good, but after a couple of chapters, I realized that it was going in a direction I wasn't really sure of. It's so rushed now, so it hasn't been great for the last couple of chapters. If you are interested in reading some of my actual work, I have multiple books on my page, both Harry Potter and non-Harry Potter related.

Stay cool, Anika<3