Chapter 17

Alisha and Draco had been spending more and more time together, seeing as Draco had suddenly gone soft around the girl. His snarky nature remained, but Alisha admired it. He was funny and mischievous.

Draco grabbed Alisha's wrist as he pulled her into the kitchens, late at night. The elves were always happy to give them food, and it had become something that the two Slytherin students did often.

Alisha threw her head back in laughter as Draco attempted to catch a piece of treacle fudge in his mouth. It hit the side of his face, falling to the floor. He chuckled, grabbing another piece of fudge from between them.

Suddenly, Alisha snapped her head towards the door as she heard the clicking of footsteps. She shot a wide-eyed glance at Draco, who looked around for a hiding spot frantically. The portrait that hid the kitchens swung open, revealing none other than Umbridge herself. Alisha cringed, chewing her lip.

"Both of you! Detention!" she exclaimed. Alisha and Draco reluctantly trudged out of the kitchens. Umbridge led them to her office, her head held high.

"I, quite frankly, have had enough of your trouble making, Ms. Norman. You have received multiple detentions this year. You have punched a student, skipped class, need I go on?"

Alisha shared a look with Draco, who looked at her helplessly.

"I'm starting to think that my quills aren't enough for hopeless students like you. A simple use of the Cruciatus Curse might teach you a lesson," Umbridge said squeakily. Her eyes glinted evilly. Alisha took a step back as Umbridge raised her wand. Draco stepped forward, his chest rising and falling with heavy breaths.

"I'll report this to my father," he said. Umbridge raised an eyebrow at him, her mouth twitching slightly. She flicked her wand, causing Alisha to fly backwards, her back hitting a large cupboard by the door. Umbridge slipped out of the room silently. Draco rushed to Alisha's side. She groaned as she held up her elbow, which now had a large gash on it from hitting the handle on the cupboard.

Draco helped Alisha get back to the Slytherin common room as fast as he could, avoiding every corridor that Filch was patrolling.

"Hold out your arm," Draco whispered, setting Alisha down on the couch.

"Episkey," he muttered, pointing his wand at Alisha's elbow.

"I wish I could've just cursed that ugly pink toad," Alisha grumbled. Draco let out a laugh as he plopped down onto the couch next to her. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Teehee only three more chapters until the epilogue

Stay cool, Anika<3