Chapter 21

Aiden's PoV

"Is she ok?" I asked, panicking at the sight of an ICU in front of me when I reached them.

"Sir, she is in the operation theatre. The doctor's won't tell us anything as we were not the relatives" I nodded and dismissed my mother's bodyguard and her servant.

When I received a call from her, I was furious because of the last meeting we had. I never knew, she was in any sort of danger back then. I walked towards the window and saw my mom on ventilator and a team of doctors treating her. She must be stressing herself too much and probably she will be fine. I hope.

I walked into the doctors' room which was beside the ICU, and was greeted by an intern who was watching and making some notes on the operation.

"Sir, this area is restricted for an outsider. It's..." I cut him off by raising my hand. I stood in front of the glass door watching the team of doctors treating mom, oxygen cylinder being put on her. Some tubes connected to her mouth and nose. She looked week, as if she has been stressing herself out because of some reason. A year escaped me, as I'd never seen her like this. She is always so energetic, chatty and chirpy. Why would she get an Heartattack.? Why God. ? I can't loose her, not this soon, please, save her , Lord. !

After a few hours, I saw a sign of hope when I saw the doctors smiling. I rushed outside to meet any of them and get to know about, mom.

"Doctor?" I asked when I reached the entrance of the ICU.

"Mr. Wilson. Congratulations, the operation was a success. However, it was a serious case, a major one. She should be taken care of. My intern will let you know about the medication and do's & don'ts. She will have to be here with us for atleast a week to recover, properly. " The doctor explained everything I needed to know.

"Thanks Doctor. " I nodded smiling lightly.

"And. I would ask you to not to give her any distress. Her mental health is too weak to be depressed. Right now, she needs you and comfort" he said with a clipped smile.

I nodded and went in to check upon her, she was so numb, as if lifeless. I took a sharp intake of breath when I noticed she was breathing heavily. I couldn't have forgiven myself if anything would have happened to her. I can't believe what I am seeing cause I'd never felt loosing someone could be so difficult.

Evelyn's PoV

When I was certainly sure that Aiden won't be coming tonight I went to bed to sleep. I prepared dinner for my husband who didn't even inform me whether he's be back or not. It was 1am and I hadn't eaten anything since morning and frankly I had no appetite too. I was just worried about him working and tiring away himself. I don't know if he had eaten anything since morning.

I stepped into our room as I was instructed to do by him last night. The beautiful aroma of mahogany filled my nostrils. The room was fresh and everything was kept on its place. I stepped further in and noticed there was a huge glass door leading to the balcony and pool area. I went into the closet and changed myself into my PJs and Tee with a book in hand I walked back in the room and plopped onto the bed.

I stepped onto the beautiful balcony which was surrounded by an all around swimming pool and sat myself on one of the bench with a book in hand. I was in a calm and peaceful lazy slumber when I felt a hand on my stomach caressing me lovingly. A smile broke on my face and I immediately turned sideways, startling Aiden. I then kissed him with all my love. He smiled his charming self, and gently stroked my cheeks. My breath hitched a high note up when he lightly kissed my cheeks, his eyes were shone with irrevocable love and his beautiful blue orbs were locked with mine.