Chapter 35

Aiden's PoV

I felt numb inside and out. It's been two days since she has been in asleep now. The doctor said it happens sometimes, if the patient isn't responding. However, she is responding, her infection is in control for now until the babies are born it won't spread but it will be there.

I have not left their side since two days. She has been shifted to a normal room today and is not on machines anymore. Only some IVs to supply nutrition to them and some to excrete.

I was presently sitting right across my wife and kids, on a bench, my hand gently placed on her tummy, my head laid on my bossom, I could hear her heart beating at the perfect pace. It satisfied me, calmed mine own heart. I have been crying alot lately. It wasn't turning me into a pussy, I can't loose them, no. I love them. Alot. Not ready to be left alone this world. "I am sorry babies, sorry for not being a good dad, I am trying, trying my level best. I am sorry Princess. I know I don't deserve you. You deserve someone who would give you everything. The stars and moons, the love you should be given, showered with. "I whispered,  wiping off  my tear that fell, lividly.

"Dad won't..." I stopped mid-sentence, when a felt a movement in her tummy. I paused and another hit.

Freaking my guts out, I pressed the buzzer immediately, to call upon the medics.
Soon, a nurse followed by the intern rushed in.
"Doctor, I felt some movement in her stomach. I thud type of something" I said, concern plastered on my face, my eyes worried.

My nerves relaxed when the nurse and the intern chuckled lightly, "Sir. That's pretty normal. Please don't worry. The kids move around in the tummy." The intern explained.

I sighed, nodding, "she has been out for two days flat. What's happening? Is everything ok?" I asked shit worried.

"She is in a deep slumber Mr. Wilson. Please give her sometime. She is weak, there is no medical issues except the one we told you. Moreover, the steroids injected to minimise the infection would be taking alot of her energy. Please give her some time to respond to our medications" my eyes shut, a sigh left me.

They left us alone once they checked her heart beat and the glucose they are providing them.

I laid myself as I was, kissing her forehead and the tummy, softly.

***

I felt a hand grazing my forehead, softly, the touch felt so calming, I immediately raised my head, and saw her hand falling back on the bed.

My eyes filled with unshed tears of joy, her eyes were fixated on my face, and she smiled back weakly.

A lone tear left my eyes, which I wiped away roughly.

Realisation hit her, and her eyes widened, "Babies?" She asked panicking, her hand touching her tummy, grazing.

"They are fine, baby." I whispered, smiling.

She closed her eyes, "Thank You Jesus" I heard her whisper ever so lightly.

"Water" she muttered.

"I will call the doctors. I don't if I should give you, --" she nodded cutting me off mid-sentence.

I pressed the buzzer, and within a few minutes, the doctor intern and the nurse walked in.