Chapter 28

A week Later

Aiden's PoV

"Sir, there is someone to see you."

"Tell them I am running out of time." I said walking straight out of the office, glancing at the watch. She must have reached the hospital by now. Shit.. I couldn't be more excited to see them.

I just wish, she allows me to meet them, this time.

I grabbed the car keys walked out of the reception area, in a frantic speed. I waited impatiently for the elevators to open.

"Aiden?" I growled on hearing a very familiar and annoying voice from behind me. I turned around groaning, "what the fuck do you want, Mr. Eric Richard?"

"Aiden, just give me five minutes of your life. Lemme just tell you the truth---"

"Truth? What truth are you gonna talk about? That you were not in my bed with my ex wife? You can't deny that cause I saw you both fucking" I yelled loud enough for people to turn and look in our direction. He hissed something, looked around himself embarrassed, of course.

"You saw what you saw. Atleast listen my half of the story' too" his voice was clearly on the edge of begging.

"I am really getting late. Could you please lemme just- shit. It's the time. " I glanced at the watch, soon the elevators open and I stepped in.

"Aiden. Just listen to me for once, please" Eric begged which I ignored, and pressed the button to close the doors sooner than were expected.

******

Once I reached the hospital, I ran, in search of Evelyn. I know she must be up in the doctors room by now. I just hope I didn't miss the chance to see them. I was walking too fast and no doubt I collided with someone. I clenched my fist, but as soon as my eyes fell on a very old man, I calmed myself a bit.

I helped him to stand straighter, apologising, "Are you ok, Sir?" I asked. He nodded, wiped his eyes which were already wet from his tears and wobbled far away from me, looking at me , strangely.

I think I know him. Seen him earlier, somewhere.

"Aiden" I heard a soft voice of Evelyn, on turning around I found her, sitting on a bench outside the gynecologist's office. Her eyes were filled with surprise. I smiled and covered the distance between us. She didn't know about me coming here to see the babies. I didn't want to tell her about the plan so I avoided her last night.

"You? here?" She asked smilingly. "I...I... emm... Can I meet the babies this time?" I asked, coyly.

She smirked but nodded. Last time we came to the hospital but she didn't allow me to enter, I wanted to but she remained adamant about me not seeing the doctor and the babies. She said that she didn't want to embarrass herself if I asked questions about us having sex and all.

Hence, we haven't done anything since the last week. Anyways it was a busy week. Especially because apparently when we returned from that mini weekend trip of ours, we were met with an annoying presence of particularly someone at our home.
Unfortunately, my mom decided to call her ex daughter in law, to stay with her when we were away for two days, for two fucking days that cheater lived in my house. Her audacity to be in my house.