Chapter 31

Evelyn's PoV

It's been an hour of wandering around in this so called charity gala. It was one of the pathetic decision to come here. When we walked in, all heads turned our way, glancing at me with either hatred or disgust. I felt cheap, even though I was wearing a gown worthy enough to buy any of their homes.

The chandeliers were awestruckingly beautiful, everything here spoke wealth and everything was unexpectedly moulded of perfection except the stares of people.
People of wealth, people who hollow hearted, people who had only wealth, no dignity, were judging me. They knew what filth has been in my past. No matter what dirt they used to do but their judging eyes kept me at my distance from everyone.

A few stares could have even killed me, but Aiden's cooing words, gave me courage to stand upright against all the evils of the world.

He hasn't left my side, although I know he had to suffer alot because of me. Like if I wasn't here for him to babysit, he would be cracking a business deal or maybe having a drink with his colleagues. Rather he was here by my side, with a glass of whiskey in his hand for half an hour by now.

His eyes were piercing into the crowd, penetrating into the wealthy people's distortions.

I was tired of smiling all the time. I just wanted to get home, already. From the peripheral vision I saw Aiden's mom approaching us, I took a deep breath and moved a step backwards. Aiden noticed and turned my way, "are you ok?" he asked concern purely displayed on his face.

"Yeah. I am. You continue. I just need to sit for a while. If that's ok with you?" I asked.

"No problem. I shall sit too. " he said, turning and leading me towards the sitting arena but before we could move a cent, we were interupted by a cruel witch, ofcourse dramatically.

I rolled my eyes for the things that were about to come out of that filthy mouth were surely a bad news for me.

"Really Aiden? You are gonna babysit her all evening? Why did you bring her over here? Look around, see what stares we are earning from elite classes. How could you bring someone like her in our party?" the cruel witch spoke as a matter of fact.

"Mom" Aiden gave a warning glare at her.

"Ok do what you want. I saw Richard here. Do you know he is back?" she asked.

"I know. I will let you enjoy the evening mom." He said, pulling me away from the witch.

I walked beside Aiden with a huge grin on my face. He was really being a sweetheart tonight, taking care of me as if I was his princess.

We sat on the table reserved for two of us, "Mrs & Mr. Aiden Wilson".

"You ok? " he asked his eyes filled with concern.

"I am fine, Aiden. Don't you think, you should be doing that business type of things, like meeting some important deligates rather than babysitting me" I said, smiling.

"I am not babysitting you, Eve. I am here with you and I will be here as I should be. I don't wanna talk to anyone. No one is important than you and our babies" he stated as a matter of fact.

I was awestruck at that, it was the most romantic thing he had ever done for me. He looked such a sweetheart with worried eyes.
He gave me a cute smile and was about to say something when his phone interupted him. It was a text that changed his demeanor completely. His eyes turned red and his fist balled, his shoulders were all tensed up and he stormed out of the hall vanishing into the crowd without a word being exchanged between us.