Kiss it to make it better

(credit to artist)

Third Person;

It began in elementary school. The class just ended and recess started, kids favorite part of the school.

Sayaka Mainzo ran out of the classroom with her classmates. The teacher, who barely took the pressure, lead them to playground.

Many kids went to swings, slides and roundabouts or monkey bars and some just stood around and talked.

Bars in far back were free, since bars in front were newest and no one liked  those old ones.

Sayaka's small legs took her to one of those bars in back and she began climbing them.

The bars were cold and the paint was peeling off. The teacher didn't bother stopping Sayaka, since she was in front of the fence that separated playground and school's paths, and she was smoking her cigarette.

The other teachers were in teacher's lounge, sipping their coffees, complaining about kids, correcting exams or smoking cigarettes.

Sayaka climbed on top of the monkey bars by the time the bell rang, saying that next class is beginning.

Teacher who was smoking in front, threw away the cigarette and began gathering all the kids.

Little girl on the monkey bars began climbing down, by that time the playground was almost empty. Her tiny foot slipped, due to yesterday's rain.

She fell down, thinking about all the bad injuries the fall will cause.

When her body hit the ground, she opened eyes, she shut tight during fall, and examined places  through which was pumping pain: her knee, palm and thigh.

Her knee was scratched pretty badly and bleeding a lot.
Her palm had bad bruise on it and few scratches.
Her thigh was covered with mud and few bruises.

The injuries caused pain which caused Sayaka to tear up.

She began crying, sobbing and wiping tears with her sleeves. The blood was running down her calve..

When she thought, she'll be left alone until next break, she heard:

"Hey, are you alright?"

Sayaka looked up, focusing her teary blue eyes on brown haired boy with brown-green eyes.

Boy sat down next to her and looked at her knee.

"Oh that's gotta hurt" boy said.

"Y-yeah it does" Sayaka buried her face into her palm, making scratches on her palm burn.

"I'm Makoto by the way"

"I'm Sayaka"

"How about I'll take you to nurse's office?" Makoto softly rubbed Sayaka's back to calm her down.

"N-no that would hurt"

"Okay so what does your mom do when you get hurt?"

"She kisses the injury to make it better" Sayaka replied between sobs.

"Are you going to-?" Sayaka began and Makoto nodded.

He leaned closer to her knee and pressed his lips against her skin.

Sayaka felt her stomach fill with unknown feeling. As if she had butterflies in stomach. She liked it, her cheeks heated up.

"There, is it better?" Makoto asked and looked at Sayaka who wiped away her last tears.

"Yeah a little, thank you"

The feeling in Sayaka's stomach, made her stop focusing on the pain in her knee. Makoto helped Sayaka stand up and as they were about to enter school building, Sayaka's teacher showed up.

"Here you are. Oh Godness what's happened to you?" teacher said as she bent over to take a closer look at Sayaka's bloody knee.

"I fell off the monkey bars" Sayaka said, pointing her tiny finger at the bars she fell off.

The teacher took her time to process things.

"Sayaka come with me. You need to go to nurse's office as fast as possible" Teacher said.

Leaving Sayaka with no choice, she was taken to nurse's office, where her wound was bandaged.

Since this accident, her and Makoto began talking a lot together. They've become best friends. Their friendship lasted till high school, where they began dating.

『ᴍᴀɴʏ ʏᴇᴀʀs ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ』

This accident happened long time ago and many things had changed since then.

Sayaka and Makoto weren't in elementary school anymore, they were adults and they even got married.

Sayaka woke up so suddenly, she kicked off the blanket.

"Morning love, did you have nightmare?" Makoto whispered as he sat up.

Sayaka sat up too and hugged her husband, who held his arms open for her.

"No, I just had a dream about our first meeting"

"You mean, how you fell off the monkey bars and I kissed your knee to make it better?" Makoto replied with a chuckle.

"Yeah" Sayaka nodded.

"It's been so long since that"

"Yeah. I thought you weren't okay at first" Sayaka admitted.

"What? Why?" Makoto whined and he pulled his wife closer to him.

"Who the hell kisses child's knee when they ask for it" Sayaka explained.

Makoto's laughter filled the room even tho it was 3:37am.

"You didn't want to go to nurse's office. What was I supposed to do?" Makoto said and he kissed Sayaka's cheek.

"You should've called the teacher"

"I didn't want to leave you"

When Makoto whispered last sentence, Sayaka felt her stomach fill with butterfly feeling she experienced for the first time in kindergarten.

"Yeah... Thank you for not leaving me"  she said and they both laid down.

Sayaka snuggled into Makoto's chest, who wrapped his arms around her.

In this pose, they fell asleep.

(words counter: 877)