An Old Myth

Third Person;

In Japan is a very popular myth that every highschool girl believes, since half of them are single and want a partner. No one of them realizes that they've got planty of time to find their one and only.

However, it's completely different with boys. Guys don't believe this myth, because they "know for sure they can find their partner without any dumb myth".

Although, not every girl believes this. Not every guy is like that.

Same goes for Makoto.

Even though he doesn't believe this myth, he never talked like that. He wasn't that cocky type of guy.

Now let's get onto the story, shall we?

Sayaka Maizono waited in front of the school gate. She was waiting for her friend, Makoto.

They've been friends for so long, Sayaka developed feelings for him, but she hasn't got to courage to tell him.

"I'm here Sayaka!" a voice interrupted Mainzo's daydreaming.

She looked at the boy standing in front of her and smiled cheerfully.

"Oh hi Makoto!"

"Hi, sorry if I kept you waiting" Makoto huffed during the sentence.

Sayaka shook her head and giggled.

Since they both lived on the same street, they walked to and out of the school together.

Sayaka even scheduled her  singing lessons to match Makoto's Council meetings. (council had meetings set on curtain time and days, but of course they could in emergency call a meeting)

They walked along the street, full of Cafés, restaurants, small shops and bakeries.

These two usually stopped by for a cup of coffee or tea or anything they wanted at the moment, but not this time.

Makoto's mom called him to go straight to home, because she needed help in her own shop.

She owned a bakery after her mother, Makoto's grandmother, and kept family business going.

"Oh look! A daisy" Sayaka said as she bent over and took the daisy.

"You believe that myth?" Makoto sighed, knowing the answer.

Sayaka was the naive type. She believed everything and everyone.

"You don't?" Sayaka asked.

"No I don't. It's a myth after all. It isn't based on fact nor proven"

"You talk like Byakuya" Sayaka whispered and caught up with brunette who meanwhile got pretty far from her.

She began mumbling something as she was tearing off daisy's petals.

"What are you saying Sayaka?" Makoto looked over at her and she stopped.