Chapter 2: A New Home

Once we were in space, we both sat in silence. I observed the Mandalorian, watching how he kept his gaze on the controls. I was surprised that he hadn't taken off his helmet at all. Most Mandalorians I met would've taken off their helmet by now. Maybe he was different...

"I hope you know that these pirates that you're taking me to plan on killing me." I mentioned.

"Not my problem." He retorted.  

I raised an eyebrow. "Then why did you allow the girl to remain on Batuu?"

I watched as his shoulders slumped. He let out a sigh. "I didn't know she was a slave."

I could sense that he was being sincere. They didn't tell him that he'd be receiving Typhon's slave. Classic move of Typhon. And for the rest of the trip, we remained silent. After what felt like forever, we arrived at the Merson pirates's lair, which was on the planet Merson. The Mandalorian lowered the ship in the jungle. Once we landed, he spun around in his chair, facing me before standing up.

"Get up." He ordered.

Reluctantly, I stood up from the chair. He grabbed me by my arm before dragging me off of his ship. We reached a giant temple with guards standing outside. Once we made our way inside, we made our way through endless hallways. Finally, we reached a giant chamber room. There Typhon sat on a giant throne with a huge pile of Alliance credits, gems, gold, jewels, chests filled with coins, and much more. There were many pirates around the room.

The Mandalorian and I stood over a trapdoor. I heard a growling coming from beauty us. I grimaced, not wanting to know what creature lied beneath us. Typhon's ice cold blue eyes glanced over at me, inspecting me from head to toe.

"I've brought Kamaria Vos, like you requested." The Mandalorian mentioned.

Typhon narrowed his eyes. "Where's the girl?"

"She's dead, Typhon. You can never reach her ever again." I retorted.

Three of Typhon's men approached me at once, grabbing my arms. I tried to resist, which resulted in a punch to the stomach from one of the pirates. I let out a groan as I bent forward, crouching to ease the pain.

"Is this true, Mandalorian? Is she dead?" Typhon inquired.

I looked over at the Mandalorian, who turned his helmet to face me. I gave him a pleading look. He then slowly turned back around to face Typhon. "She's telling the truth."

My shoulders slumped in relief. I gave the Mandalorian a nod, gratified for his words. He responded by giving me back a small nod. Typhon clenched his fists as his anger slowly grew. I knew he wanted Faven so badly.

"I brought her here, now I'd like to be paid." The Mandalorian reminded him.

Typhon let out a grumble before glancing over at one of his men, giving him a nod. The pirate gave him a block of Beskar. So that's why he took the job...for Mandalorian iron. Typhon waved a hand up in the air.

"Now scram." Typhon ordered. "Men, take all Vos's weapons. They now belong to me."

The Mandalorian turned around, prepared to leave. He turned his helmet over towards me. At that moment, the pirates took my belt, which contained my weapons. I glanced over at the Mandalorian, who kept his gaze on me.

"What will you do with her?" He asked.

I was taken back by his words. Why did he ask? I didn't think he cared. Typhon narrowed his eyes at the Mandalorian. "I thought it was against the Code of the Guild not to ask."

I could feel the Mandalorian's hesitation as his helmet remained on me. I then sensed pain coming from him. Why was he in pain? The Mandalorian then gave him a nod before reluctantly, leaving. Once he was gone, I dared to look back at Typhon.