Chapter 11: Don't Leave

Mando then rushed forth towards Cara, throwing a detonator inside the walker. He quickly jumped into the lake beside Cara. The AT-ST then exploded into a million pieces. Once the walker was destroyed, the remaining raiders fled from the village, returning into the forest to their outpost.

The villagers all let out cheers, happy that the raiders were defeated. We did, we helped the villagers take down those raiders. I then ran over towards the barn, where Faven, the child, and the other children were. As soon as I opened the door, Faven approached me with a smile as she wrapped her arms around me.

"You defeated the raiders?" Faven inquired.

"Yes, they won't be returning be any time soon." I assured her.

That night, we had a celebration in honor of our victory of defeating the raiders. Faven and the child were running around with the other children near the campfire. Mando, Cara, and I sat together by the fire.

"You sure you weren't a rebel?" Cara inquired as she glanced over me. "You fight just like one."

I grimaced. I was afraid of that question being asked. The reason why my fighting reminded some of the rebels was because my father was once a rebel...until he was killed.

"No, I'm not...Although I did fight alongside the rebels against the Empire on one occasion. But I wasn't exactly fond of it." I revealed.

Cara furrowed her brows. "Why not? After the Death Star blew up, I know many people who joined the Rebellion."

"Because my father was part of the Rebellion. He tried to get my mom involved with the Rebellion, but she didn't budge. She hated the Empire, but she didn't wanna join the Rebellion. Mom always said they were too political. When it came to doing anything and everything, they wouldn't take those chances...because their council in charge would constantly argue and protest against one another."

"She wasn't wrong about that." Cara pointed out.

"My father put his heart into the organization, but what good did that do him? He died while he was on a mission for the Rebellion." I confessed. "That's why I cared so little about it...He died when I was only seven."

Mando and Cara remained silent for what felt like hours. Finally, Mando spoke up, turning his helmet to face me. "I'm sorry about your father...I know what it's like to lose a loved one. When I was just a child, my parents were killed by droids. And the Mandalorians took him in as one of their own."

My face fell. I felt terrible. He understood more than anyone I've ever known. No wonder I felt so much pain, radiating off of him. It was from his past. I felt a pang of guilt for judging him in the past. He was certainly different than the other Mandalorians. He was definitely nothing like that Mandalorian bounty hunter that nearly killed me.

"I'm sorry about your parents..." I commented.

Mando shook his head. "Don't worry about it. It's not your fault."

"But the Rebellion's not bad. Your father's sacrifice helped the Rebellion." Cara mentioned, returning to the subject at hand.

I let out a sigh. "I know...I've met people in the Rebellion that made me realize the Rebellion wasn't what I assumed. But that doesn't mean I'm not bitter about his death...he said he'd leave the Rebellion after one last mission. And then the four of us would be able to settle on Lah'mu, away from the Empire and the Rebellion, where we could live in peace."

Cara raised an eyebrow. "Wait, four?"

"She had a brother." Mando clarified.

I was taken back. He remembered? I glanced over at the Mandalorian, looking at his T-visor. A small smile appeared on my face. "Yes...Waylon, that was his name. You remembered?"