Chapter 15: The Betrayal

Toro furrowed his brows. "That Mandalorian?" 

"Like I said, you don't seem any. And he wasn't alone...he had help." Fennec mentioned. She then looked over at me. "You're the Mirage Marauder, Kamaria Vos. I've heard about you, Captain of the Night Fangs. I bet you call yourself a hero."

"The Empire's still out there." I protested.

I did my best to ignore her comment of being hero. I didn't think that I was a hero, no there was no way I was a hero...Fennec scoffed. "The Empire's gone. You bring the Guild both Vos and Mando, and they'll welcome you with open arms. Your name will be legendary."

Toro let out a sigh as he climbed off his speeder bike. I took several steps back. I kept my hand on my hip as I spoke up. "Toro, please tell me you're not gonna do what I think you're gonna do."

Toro ignored me as he looked over at Fennec. "How can you be sure they're the ones."

"Word is, they still have the target with them. Some say it's a child." Fennec informed him.

I watched as Toro was deep in thought. Fennec took advantage of the situation. "Look, if you're afraid to take him on, fear not. I can help you with that. We can use Vos to get to the Mandalorian."

"Like I'd let either of you use me as bait." I shot back.

"Take some advice, kid. You wanna be a bounty hunter? Make the best deal for yourself and survive." Fennec insisted.

I watched as Toro thought about what to do as he looked around. I could feel the conflict growing within him. I couldn't predict what he was going to do, and that terrified me. Uncle Quinlan's words echoed in my head.

"Fear leads to anger, Kam. And anger turns into hatred, which takes you into suffering. And from that point on there's no turning back from the dark side."

I understood, but it was difficult not to be afraid. Toro walked towards Fennec, putting his blaster back in his holster. Fennec raised her wrists, waiting for him to release her. However, at the last moment, Toro raised his blaster, firing at Fennec's stomach. She let out a groan as she collapsed onto the ground. My eyes widened. "Toro?!"

He ignored me as he knelt down beside Fennec, looking down at her. "That's good advice, but if I took those binders off of you, I'd be a dead man. And if the Mandalorian and Kam are worth more than you, well...Who wouldn't want to be a legend? Thanks for the tip."

He then stood up, looking over at me. I quickly went to grab for my lightsaber around my belt, but Toro lifted his blaster, pointing it straight at me.

"I don't wait to kill you. But don't make me do something I'd regret." Toro warned.

I ignored his warning as I reached for a weapon in my belt, but I wasn't quick enough. Toro fired a blast, hitting my right arm. I let out a cry of pain, feeling immense pain throughout my entire body. I stumbled back, falling onto the sand. Toro lowered his blaster as he walked towards me.

"I warned you." He said.

"Did you really think I was gonna listen to you?" I questioned.

"Obviously not." He replied, painfully grabbing my wounded arm, causing me to wince. "Now get up, Pantoran!"

Reluctantly, I followed Toro onto the speeder bike, making our way to the hangar. Once we reached the hangar, storming towards Peli, Faven, and the child. I would've done my best to protect them, using my lightsaber, but I was too weak. I had trouble keeping my eyes open, but I fought through upon seeing Faven frightened. Both her and the child need me awake. That night, Mando finally returned to the hangar.