𝘵𝘸𝘰 - 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

[ edited version ]

"I've decided. I'll train with you Rengoku!"

Three years have passed and you were finally ready to take part in the Final Selection for you to enter and be part of the Demon Slayer Corps

"y/n, are you ready?" Rengoku asked you with a spirit-filled voice. You flashed him a hearty smile and loudly shouted "yes". He returned the kind gesture to you and pulled you into a hug. "Stay safe okay? And come back in one piece and alive." He told you while patting your back. Suddenly, someone came in and interrupted your moment with the flame Hashira. It was his little brother, Senjuro, and he wanted to say goodbye to you as well. "Are you gonna go?" He asked shyly while grasping on his brother's flame haori. You knelt on one knee, smiled, and placed your hands on the young Rengoku's shoulders, "Well, I have to. But no worries," you gave him a reassuring smile, "I'll be back!"

Senjuro was like a little brother to you, he reminded you of your deceased older brother and younger sister.

"Stay safe!" Senjuro tackled you with a hug, causing you to fall to the ground. "I will!" You reassured. The Rengoku siblings bid their final goodbyes and you left.

~ ~ ~

As you walked to wherever the fuck the Final Selection was, you started to think to yourself how hard the selection was going to be. Or why your mentor wished you to be safe. "He's the goddamn flame Hashira," You mumbled to yourself, "he trained me for three years..." You gasped in realization, 'IS IT THAT HARD?!' You mentally screamed at yourself. You weren't even in the actual selection yet and you were already panicking.

You adored Rengoku. He was glorious and immaculate in your eyes. He's a really strong 20-year-old man and his heart was filled with a burning passion. He would always tell you to keep the flame in your heart burning which you've always kept in your mind.

Despite Rengoku's kind reminders, you've always seen yourself as a weak person and a good-for-nothing person. After training with the flame Hashira as his Tsuguko for three years, you still pictured yourself as a weak person who can weakly wield a sword and fight terribly.

Still walking on an endless dirt path, you remembered the f/c haori that Rengoku gave you as a gift. It was one of the best gifts you've ever received in your life. But right now, you felt like you were throwing your life away. Every step was like you were taking a step closer to death, in your head you imagined you were walking towards death who had open arms, just waiting for you.

"Senjuro, Rengoku, Shinobu," You just kept in your mind that there are people who cared for you and who are waiting for you to come back alive. But, if these were really your last moments, that would mean that the hugs that you shared with the Rengoku siblings would be your last.

You finally reached your destination. The place was filled with girls and guys who the same age or even younger. Some people really stood out like a young kid who had flashy yellow hair and accented with orange ends - it looked like a mop to you. A girl who had a similar butterfly hairpin just like Shinobu and a guy who looked kinda looked like the guy you "met" when Rengoku brought you in; he had a scar across his face and he had this mohawk-like hairstyle that suited him. There was also this one kid who had a scar on his forehead and had somewhat maroon-y hair.