𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 - 𝘢 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘏𝘐𝘔

[ old version - still needs editing]

"You'll be having a very important mission, and you'll be accompanied by..."

"By who!" Damn, why is this so nerve-wracking! I want to know who I'll be having a "special mission" with

"The..."

Seriously?! He really has to do those dramatic pause things. "COME ON KYOJURO JUST TELL ME ALREADY!" I shouted at him, causing him to just laugh at me.

"The wind Hashira~" He cooed in a teasing way. I froze and stopped walking.

"The fuck wha-"

~ ~ ~

We finally reached the Rengoku residence and were greeted by little Senjuro who was once again, sweeping the floors like there was no tomorrow. "Senjuro!" I called him and he turned his attention from the dirt to me. I watched as his facial features changed and he displayed a happy smile - something kinda like Kyojuro's iconic smile.

"You're finally back!!" Senjuro hugged both of us. Man, I love this kid. "Belated birthday, big sis!" He flashed me a flashy smile once more, this warmed my heart. "Back to our conversation, Kyojuro, why HIM?"

"I honestly don't know how to say this y/n but almost everyone thinks you can 'manage' Shinazugawa. But, you being paired up with a Hashira for a mission is unknown - for me at least." He said. I honestly don't know if I should buy Kyojuro's reasons. It seems "dumb" in my opinion. "That's kinda sketchy," I spoke, "but if that's master's wish, then it shall be done."

"I do have a 'theory' though on why master paired you with Shinazugawa." Kyojuro suddenly spoke up, "I think he believes that you have the potential to be paired with such rank. Maybe he has plans on making you a Hashira."

"Well I don't know Kyojuro but I guess we can say I'm getting there." I shrugged my shoulders and pulled out a chair to sit down. "Hello, father." Senjuro suddenly spoke. Shit. I turned around to see Shinjuro - obviously drunk, leaning on the frame of the hallway entrance. "y/n as a Hashira, not to be rude but I can't bring myself to believe that." he scoffed.

Bro, same, but just be more supportive like your wonderful sons. I stooped my head and decided not to respond. He was right anyway. Me being a Hashira just seems impossible.

~ ~ ~

It was nighttime. The sky sparkled with stars and the moon made the scenery even prettier. I'm honestly quite nervous on why the master paired me with Sanemi or what he saw in me to be paired with such a person - and rank, but I guess I'll figure out tomorrow. "Sanemi Shinazugawa," I sighed, "who are you?"

"Who are you talking to y/n?" Senjuro peeked behind the door, I looked back at him and patted on the floor where I was seated. "No one. Come sit with me." I smiled as he happily made his way to sit beside me. "So big sis, do you have a crush on anyone?" Senjuro asked with a pure smile. I froze. I honestly don't know where he got the idea but I won't answer his question.