𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 - 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯

[ edited version ]

[ edited version ]

You stepped out of the Rengoku residence and began your first mission in some mysterious small village where it is rumored to have a demon lurking around and killing people and visitors."CAAAAAAWWWWW CAAAAAWWWWWWW FASTER!!" Your Kasugai crow loudly caw-ed at you. You gave it a deadly glare and grabbed it by its feet, "Will you shut up? I know!" You let go of your Kasugai crow's feet and it kept its distance from you. You were still honestly tired from the Final Selection and you didn't really get to rest, but considering the other's conditions, you were kind of considered lucky to not be that injured. After some time, you eventually arrived at the oddly quiet village.

You then suddenly spotted a young man around his early 20s walking and you called him. "Uh excuse me, sir," You suddenly spoke, getting the attention of the man, "but are you aware of any rumors about a demon lurking around your village?" After you asked, you watched as the expression of the man suddenly changed from a calm look to a frightened and somewhat pale look. "I-I'm sorry ma'am but I-I have no idea about what y-you're talking about." He nervously stuttered. You looked at the man with genuine concern. 'What's going on?' You thought to yourself as you gently smiled at the man, "I was sent here to complete a mission. I was told about a demon lurking in your village." You paused, "It is my job to slay this demon. I'm from the Demon Slayer Corps and I am here to protect you."

"We're not allowed to speak about it," The man suddenly spoke, "We have to go somewhere far if you want to talk about this matter." He then suddenly grabbed your hand and started to drag you away from the village."Where are you taking me though, uhm-" You stopped walking and pulled your hand from the man's. "My name is Haruki Haruma and please trust me." He took your hand once more and started to walk. "I will trust you Haruma but please tell me where you're taking me because you're clearly taking me away from the village."

"Look," Haruki turned to you and let go of your hand, "if I take you to the village, it's like giving an offering. The demon is basically the leader of my village. We're ordered to bring visitors or even passersby to a house and that'll be the last place they'll be in! You're practically dead if you step foot in my village!" Haruki nervously and proceeded to walk away - without holding your hand (LMAO I JUST HAD TO ADD THAT THERE). "Haruma!" You ran towards him, "then don't leave me behind. I trust you...but how will I be doing my job if we're here?" You asked poor Haruki who looked pale. "Just please do me a favor and follow me. We can continue talking later."

Both of you walked for around thirty minutes until both of you were REALLY FAR from the village. "Here is okay." Haruki stopped walking and sat down on the ground. He patted on the soil for you to sit down next to him. "Okay, so what now?" You asked while catching your breath. "To sum, everything I said earlier, basically the leader of my village is the demon. We're being manipulated by it. If ever we come across a person who needs shelter or a place to stay in the night, we have to bring them to the village and bring them to a certain house. Then, that house will be the last place they were seen." Haruki sighed and wiped his forehead with his arm. "Oh wow," You suddenly spoke, trying to lighten the heavy air around you and Haruki. "that's honestly pretty tough. At least you guys are allowed to leave the village." You sighed and lightly chuckled. Haruki looked at you with his piercing brown eyes. "We aren't allowed to leave either." He said with a stern tone. You looked at him and took in a deep breath, "Well shit."

~ ~ ~

"Excuse me," Haruki spoke, disturbing the silence. You hummed in response. "I just want to mention that you weren't the first Demon Slayer that they sent." Your heart sank and you cursed in your mind. This was your first mission and everything just sounded fucked up already. "Really?" You said, trying to sound confident, "What happened to the other slayers that were sent here before?" You waited for his response...he didn't say anything. "Well, whatever happened to them," You crossed your arms, "it won't happen to me. I was trained by the flame Hashira, Kyojurp Rengoku and if I die in this mission, then we wasted his efforts on a weakling like me." You gave Haruki a reassuring smile and he became less tense. "And," You paused while smirking at him, "if we're coming back to the village, we need to make a plan."

By this time it's almost nighttime, so you and Haruki couldn't make a move. And both of you still needed to figure out a plan.