° 9 °

Y/N POV
It was a Friday morning and as usual I have come to school early. It has already been a routine for me to be early even though I don’t want to.

My mom always forces me to set my alarm early even though our house is just five blocks away from our home.

I would always hear the dribbling of the ball on the gym floor, the shouting and squeaks of the shoes in the gym. It’s their routine to practice every morning, and every student here in shiratorizawa is used to it.

As I was getting closer to the gym, I decided that I should take a quick peep inside.

Yesterday was a mess. I don’t even know what started it all. Shirabu talked to me like a new person. He was mad at me and I don’t even know what came over him. I have been thinking about it since I went home. And until bedtime came I was still thinking about it.

What’s up with him? He even shouted at me, even though it was unintentional I was for sure shocked with it. It was the first time that I get to see him like that.

As I slowly walked my way towards the door of the gym, the smell of sweat invaded my nostrils. It was not that bad because I could smell some of their perfumes.

It was somewhat similar to what my brother has.  He is also an athlete in their university as a swimmer. And I get used to him smelling like that whenever he would come home from a workout in the gym during the weekends.

My head slowly peeped in the door and without me actually knowing it, I unconsciously found myself looking for him.

I just felt like I should see him after yesterday.
I believe that he was just maybe stressed out that day after the game with his señors?

I really don’t know what came to him, but I think like I should speak to him about it. I don’t want to spend my day with an awkward vibe whenever we would meet in the hallways. Especially our classrooms are just near.

I saw their captain telling them to take a rest at the bleachers and they all went and started to drink from their water bottle while others were doing stretching workouts.

I quickly found him because of his hair. I find it cute because of his uneven cut of his bangs. It kinda suits him and I think like that what makes him different from others in a good way.

Well, even his teammate who is still a first year also has a weird haircut. But he looks adorable in it too.

As I was waiting for the right time to call him, I can’t help myself but feel nervous. I felt like I am watching a group of boys doing their thing. And it looks more like a stalker.

I am not stalking them okay? I am just trying to find the right time to talk to him.

Just then their third years started to take off their shirts and then the second years followed too. They were wiping their sweats and some of them were messing with each other by teasing each other by how much ab muscles they have.

Is that what guys do for fun?

Are they seriously fighting over who has the best body form and even counting each other’s ab muscle?

I could feel my cheeks burning up and my hands started to have a cold sweat.

Am I actually nervous because of what I am seeing now? Or am I enjoying it?

NO! This is weird.

I should not be staring at them like this? What if someone sees me here and would think that I was spying on the volleyball team.