Chapter Fifteen

*a few days later*

Your POV

"But it would be flushed away! You can't put it down there!" Steve argued with me about the paper clip.

It was another late night with Steve, and we were having a banter about where to hide a damn paperclip. Pietro brought up a topic earlier today that really stumped the team. And we are all extremely competitive, so we all teamed up, and we all had the rest of that day to hide a paperclip.

There was this scenario that you had a certain amount of time to hide a paperclip, and a detective came to search your house for the paperclip. The detective has 24 hours to find the paperclip, and if he doesn't, you get a large sum of money.

Everyone paired up and me and Steve obviously immediately gravitated towards each other. Everyone was given a paperclip of a different color, and you all had until bright and early tomorrow to hide it, then everyone would try and find each teams paperclip. For each paperclip you found, it was a hundred dollars each, along with a prize of 1k to the team who's paper clip was never found.

After Steve picked out a blue paperclip, he grabbed the handles of my wheelchair and pushed me as fast as he could to his room to talk about where to hide the paperclip.

"But that's the thing! It wouldn't!" Steve furrowed his eyebrows at me as he paced.

"I'm not sure I follow."

"Okay, in every toilet, there's this thing called a P-drain. A P-drain is where things go when you flush them down the toilet, heavier things. It's for like when someone accidentally flushes a wedding ring down the toilet." Steve stared at me in awe.

"That's brilliant! But where would we get something to weigh it down?" Steve put a hand to his face in thought.

"Leave that to me."

******

I carefully wheeled myself out of view of the science bros that were discussing where to put their paperclip. I cant go in there while they're there. I needed a distraction to get them away from the lab so I could go in and snatch a heavy nut or bolt.

I looked around for something I could throw, but then it occurred to me, there's an AI.

"Friday, can you tell Tony and Bruce that I need to talk to them in the kitchen?" I whispered to the AI.

It wasn't long before Tony and Bruce both left the lab to go see what I 'wanted to talk about'. As soon as they were out of sight, I wheeled myself into the lab. I grabbed a nut off of one of Tony's work benches and as I did, something caught my eye. A green paperclip poking out from under a microscope. I grinned like the Cheshire Cat as I made a mental note as to where the paperclip was.

I wheeled as fast as I could back to the room, and caught my breath once I was safely behind Steve's door.

"Did you get it?" He looked at me hopefully.

"I also got us a hundred bucks" I smirked as I tossed him the fairly large bolt.

His head tilted and I motioned for him to come closer, just in case anyone was listening.

"I found Tony and Bruce's paperclip already." I whispered to him and his eyebrows shot up.

"But we're not supposed to....." his face scrunched up in confusion.

"Well, I wasn't actively looking for it, it just caught my eye." I shrugged as I pulled the paperclip out of my pocket.

******

It was late and most of the team was asleep, except me and Steve of course. Steve wheeled me down the hall quietly and to the elevator. From the elevator, we went to the gym, specifically, the women's locker room.

Steve's face flushed as soon as I pushed the door open, and he insisted that he wait outside, until I yanked him into the locker room by his arm. He was on high alert as he looked around the locker room.

I didn't have a care in the world as I wheeled over to the toilets, and picked a random stall. I put my hand out, and Steve put the paperclip in it. I then dropped the paperclip that was tied to the bolt in the toilet bowl. I flushed the toilet and went to go out of the stall when Steve pulled my wheelchair back into the stall quickly.

I looked at him in confusion as he stood on the toilet seat, crouched down. I put a hand over my mouth to try and cover a laugh, but a little squeak came out. Then I heard someone. Steve must have heard them come in with his super soldier hearing.

"Hello? Is there someone in here?" The voice was deep and gruff, I couldn't put a face to it, but when I looked back to Steve, he was shaking his head in disbelief.

"U-Uhm yeah, I'm in here." My voice cracked as I called out to the other person.

"Oh- uh, what's wrong with your bathroom?" The voice spoke back, and it definitely wasn't a female, witch concerned me.

"My toilets broken, and I had to go real bad." That was the only logical reason I could think of, but luckily, the other person just hummed in response, but I was still curious.

"What are you doing in the women's locker room?" I called out to the voice as the footsteps approached.

Steve held onto the bars on neither side of me to steady himself. I could feel his breathing on the back of my neck and I suppressed a shiver.

"I like the smell of the body wash in here..." the voice spoke shyly, coming from what sounded like the showers.

I just chuckled and shook my head. Me and Steve stayed perfectly still until we heard a shower curtain being pulled back. I took that as my cue to leave and unlocked the stall, offering a hand out to Steve, that he took gratefully as he carefully got down from the toilet seat. Steve tiptoed in front of me quickly and made his way out of the locker room.

He held the door open for me and we both practically flew to the elevator, bursting out into laughter as the numbers increased as we went back to the floor our rooms were on.

"I didn't know Bucky liked women's shampoo." Steve shook his head as he laughed.

"He never said he did, he said he liked the body wash." I burst out into a fit of giggles as another wave of laughter came over us.