Chapter Twenty-Seven

Steve's POV

     I woke up early, about five o'clock, and debated getting up. Once I saw Y/n sleeping peacefully beside me, still asleep, I couldn't bring myself to get up.

My body was hardwired to be awake at this time, so it was practically impossible to go back to sleep.

"Friday, can you draw the shades up?" I whispered out into thin air.

Shortly after I asked that the shades were up, revealing a slowly rising sun over the trees.

I watched the sun rise fully, and by then Y/n had started to stir.

Your POV

When I woke up, I yawned and stretched, my eyes still squinted. But my eyes shot open when my foot touched something wet. I shot out of bed and yanked the comforter back. Low and behold, there was a large pee stain on the bed.

"Maggieeeeee!" I raised my voice as I stared at the pup who was laying at the edge of the bed, refusing to look at me.

"What did she do? Oh.....this is on me, I forgot to bring her puppy pads in here last night with me." Steve sounded panicked once he saw the stain.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes as I reprimanded Maggie for peeing on the bed.

"It's fine, Steve. This is part of having a puppy. Now get up so I can take the sheets off." I gestured him off the bed.

"Is there any way I can help you?" Steve looked similar to Maggie now, with a guilty look on his face.

"You can take her outside." I smiled at him as I picked up Maggie and handed her to him.

He gave me a salute and a peck on the lips before he left the room, Maggie in his arms.

I took the sheets and my blanket off of the bed and threw them in a pile in the floor. I glanced at the bed, it only had my pillows on it so I just took the pillowcases off of them, might as well. Once everything was in a pile on the floor, I went out of my room to go get an empty laundry basket from the laundry room of the compound, which was fairly close.

I waved slightly at the few team members who were already awake this morning. Awake isn't the proper word for them, they were more like.....the walking dead.

Once I got a laundry basket, I threw my bedding into it and headed back to the laundry room.

"What's with the sheets?" I stopped as I heard Sam speak.

"Maggie peed on the bed." I spoke s little shyly, and everyone looked behind me with surprise.

When I turned around, I saw Steve holding a wiggling Maggie in his grasp. He let her down on the floor and she immediately skidded towards the team.

"Yeah.....that's Maggie." Steve spoke as he smiled at me.

"You mean to tell me that you brought a dog into my compound.......and didn't tell me so I couldn't give it attention!!??" Tony practically yelled, and the rest of the team shared a chuckle.

I watched as Maggie got a little attention from everyone, but when Tony picked her up, she bit him. I tried to hold in a giggle at this, and Tony immediately let go of Maggie, and Bruce took her gently into his lap.

"We'll puppy sit, you go get your cleaning done." Bruce smiled at me and Steve, and we gave him a thankful smile in return.

"I bet you that's not why they have to wash the sheets." Sam spoke up right before I was out of earshot, and my face turned red, knowing that Steve heard him.