22

The silence right now is suffocating

The silence right now is suffocating. You can tell it's awkward right now between me and Esme.

Jenny and Richard are both out of the room right now. Richard went to get us all coffee and Jenny went to the toilet, coincidentally at the same time.

She a hundred percent knew something was off between me and Es.

And right now Dani is asleep, she must be so exhausted, bless her.

But the dynamic in the room has shifted completely now we've been left to our own devices.

I want to talk to her. I need to talk to her.

And I think she feels the same way.

But I simply don't know where to start.

All I need to do is apologize and not think too much into it.

Sometimes I simply forget about the reality of things, I'm lucky to be who I am, where I am and what I have. And even if I don't want to, occasionally that becomes easy to forget, I can get lost in the clouds and albeit may feel amazing while I'm up there flying. It's when I'm back on solid ground that I realize all the things I overlooked or brushed off or was completely oblivious to.

And then something will bring you back to reality. That one thing that brings you back down to the ground and shows you for what the situation is.

It's almost like suddenly tying a brick to a feather. It plummets and hits you all at once and the majority of the time it will sting, maybe even break something in you.

That brick was Dani being rushed into hospital.

So now I feel as though my mind is a lot less clouded, and I see where I kind of messed up.

Thankfully Dani is okay. Well, as okay as she can be.

The cancer is still spreading but at a slowing rate. I'm not entirely sure what the medical terms mean, but from what I understand the cancer was affecting her oxygen circulation causing her to fall unconscious.

But right now she's stable so that's all that really matters.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry for not telling you about Harry, and lying to you, and also for getting annoyed with you." I blurt out while also trying to keep my voice hushed.

"I'm sorry too, for reacting the way I did. I shouldn't have made such a scene, I was just in shock. And there was probably a hint of jealousy." Esme begins, pushing herself up off of the chair she was laying in and walking over to sit on the sofa next to me.

"I just don't understand why you'd lie to me, is it that you don't trust me?" She continues in a tone that genuinely sounds hurt.

She tucks her legs up onto the black leather and immediately I turn to face her, grabbing both of her hands.