35

I decided against telling Evie the real reason I was awake before her, because in all honesty I could have just stayed sleeping in bed with her for many more hours

But Gemma called me around noon because she'd just finished dinner and was looking at all the photos from The Met.

She didn't believe me when I told her I got a girlfriend, and I completely dodged the question when she started to talk about soulmates because I haven't even told her that my link started.

For all she knows my soulmate isn't 21 yet.

I stayed on the phone with her for a good hour, and I miss both her and mum.

And I always say I'm going to visit, and I mean it. But something always intervenes and plans end up getting cancelled and I always feel incredibly guilty about it.

I miss them.

And now more than ever, I want to see them. I want to introduce them to Evie.

Gemma even teased me saying she's 'never seen me so in love'.

I went dead silent on the phone, because what am I supposed to say to that?

I'm not in love with Evie.

I can't be in love with Evie.

Being the typical big sister she is, she just kept cracking terrible jokes and saying Evie is far too beautiful for me, which I can entirely agree with.

When we finally ended the call, I planned on going back to bed because I just missed having Evie's skin against my own.

But then I started to get anxious, worrying about what the media was saying.

So there I sat on my laptop and phone for two hours, scrolling through all the tweets and magazine articles and YouTube videos.

And for the most part, everyone seemed happy for me.

I saw some people hating on Evie, but that was always to be expected. Even though it affected me a lot more than I thought it would, seeing how some of my fans weren't accepting her.

It's difficult, because I love my fans with all my heart, but Evie is such an important part of my life and all I want is for them to love and accept her into this massive family we've got.

I eventually manage to pull my eyes away from the screens, closing the tabs so I wouldn't be any more tempted than I already was.

At that point I was fully awake, and there was no chance of me going back to sleep, but I decided to check on Evie and make sure she hadn't thrown up everywhere.

Honestly with the amount she drank last night, I'm more surprised that she didn't throw up. At least not yet.

Being the creepy boyfriend I am, I leaned against the doorway staring at her. One hand tucked under her head, and the other splayed out in my previous spot on the bed. One of her legs was bent at the knee, curled into her chest, the other just laying straight. And her golden hair was fanned out on the pillow.