25

Just say it already Harry

Just say it already Harry. She'll be here any minute and he needs to know.

He's your best friend, why are you so nervous about this?

I sit here, fiddling with my fingers, trying to build up the courage to tell Mitch that Evie's now my official girlfriend.

It's not that I'm nervous about telling him as much. I think it's more them meeting for the first time that makes me slightly anxious.

But I do know for a fact he'll say something stupid and probably end up upsetting her.

"What is it H?" His words surprise me but he doesn't remove his eyes from the television that was playing an old rerun of friends.

Which coincidentally reminds me of Evie and how we watched it while making pancakes the morning after I stayed round.

Everything just seems to remind me of her.

"What- what do you mean?" I quickly question, adjusting myself so it seems as though I too was watching the television and not aimlessly staring at Mitch's face.

He has a very good bone structure.

"You've been staring at me for five minutes now like you're trying to work something out. What is it?" He deadpans, still focusing his eyes on the television.

I don't like how well he knows me, but then again, we were almost inseparable while on tour so I shouldn't be surprised.

My hands feel slightly clammy and I rub them on my black joggers before twisting the rings on my fingers and letting out a sigh.

"I'm just nervous for you to meet Evie." I speak truthfully and this time he turns the volume on the television down, turning to look at me and laughing lightly.

"What, why? I'm not that bad am I? And if I really was, we have my girlfriend here to shut me up." He shrugs.

Girlfriend. So Mitch and Sarah are boyfriend and girlfriend now? Since when? Is this his way of telling me?

Just dropping it into a sentence like he was telling me what he had for breakfast.

I mean, I just can't believe it. It's Mitch and Sarah. It's been in the making for so long and now they're officially together.

"You asked Sarah to be your girlfriend? No fucking way." I slap my hand on his arm and shake my head in utter disbelief. It's about bloody time.

I feel so happy for him. And Sarah of course.

Bitch boy Mitch is finally settling down. I feel emotional.

"Yea, so what. You asked Evie to be your girlfriend." He throws back and this time I'm really confused.

How would he know that?

I adjust my position on the couch so I'm facing him more.

"Oh come on. You're not very subtle Haz. Sarah heard you on the phone to her earlier." He explains with an amused expression.