Chapter 19

Zayn's POV

Pain was too weak of a word for the feeling I was experiencing. Breathing hurt, moving hurt, just laying still hurts. I know Niall said he wanted to go get me help, but when I'm in pain I turn into a big, needy baby that just wants to be held. Too bad my skin hurt to be touched, so Niall just stayed with running his hands through my hair.

"Are you alright?" Niall asked me, leaving a kiss on my temple. I was about to answer when some voices started talking outside of our little bush.

"It's been one day, Greg. I'm sure he's fine." An Irish voice said. Niall must have known the voice or something, because he sat up slowly and listened closely to the words being exchanged.

"You don't understand, Niall's not one to get lost or something stupid. There's more factors working against him than you know." A deep Irish voice said.

"Like what? Does he have those Brits after him for his hot little body?" The other voice chuckled. I felt the need to punch him for talking about Niall like that. Only I can think that... even if it's weird for me to think something like that about another boy. Only I can, not anyone else.

But earlier on this day, before my body got mangled and ruined, I really wanted to try something different with him. When I was at training camp, I remember Lou saying something about Harry giving him a blow job. That only made me start to have this weird urge to see another guy cum. I guess earlier today, I was going to try giving Niall a hand job so I could live out that fantasy. Maybe then I would know if I liked seeing it, or touching another guy, if I was gay or bi.

Now, I'm in too much pain to move and too ugly to look at. Was I that bad of a person before this war to deserve all that I've gotten?

"Hey! Don't talk about my brother that way!" The guy, I'm guessing was Greg, growled.

I watched Niall's face turn to me and take a deep breath. I was going to ask him what he was thinking, but he crawled out of the bush before I could stop him. I tried called out to him, but all that left my mouth was a loud, long groan in pain.

Niall's POV

As soon as I got out of that bush, my eyes landed on my brother looking like he was about to punch some guy I've never met before.

"Niall! Oh my god! I thought you were dead!" Greg yelled at me, then ran to wrap his arms around me. I knew he would think I was dead because I didn't come back last night, but I didn't care at the moment. I knew he could get Zayn help now.

"I need help. My,uh... Zayn needs help." I don't quite know what Zayn and I are exactly, so I'll just stick with his name.

"Your who?" The other soldier asked me with a weird smirk. I just walked over to the bush and crawled in.

Zayn was still laying in the same spot, holding the blankets in his fits while sweating. His body was still shaking as I gathered him in my arms. He grunted and nearly screamed, but I got him out without anything touching him.

"Oh fuck..." the same soldier said. My brother gasped and looked at me in the eyes.

"He's a Brit. You both were in the fire." Greg said, seeming shocked that we made it out. I nodded at his words and begged him to help Zayn. He agreed to it, but he said the British side wasn't exactly going to help much. I didn't understand what he ment or how he knew this, but I knew Zayn needed help. No one should be in this much pain.

I carried him through the now very burnt woods out to no man's land, where there were dead bodies and medics running around. Greg called out for a medic and two of them came running with a stretcher in hands. Once they got to us they looked at the almost naked burnt boy and shook their heads.