Chapter 13

Yena watched as Doyoung came out of the washroom, dressed in his pyjamas as he set the towel he was using to dry his hair around his neck.

Yena was glaring at him but by now, Doyoung was used to it.

"Why the long face, Yena?" Doyoung asked as he plopped down on the couch beside her.

"You've been missing for how long and now you randomly show up at my place with some random guy!" Yena yelled, making Doyoung put his hands up.

"Okay, okay, I'll explain just calm down." Doyoung told her. "And by the way, this is a nice place."

"Get talking, will you?" Yena said and Doyoung rolled his eyes.

"Impatient as always." Doyoung mumbled before beginning to tell Yena what happened.

"Listen, I felt bad, okay? You think I want to take over this whole assassination family business? Because I don't Yena, you and I both know that."

"So what, you think that running away from home will stop that? Our fathers will find you eventually." Yena said but Doyoung shrugged.

"Will they really?"

Yena shook her head, letting out a deep sigh. "You're honestly so stupid sometimes, how are you older than me?"

"How are you older than Jungwoo?" Doyoung asked back, earning a smack from Yena.

"Yah, I am so much smarter than Kim Jungwoo!" Yena exclaimed.

"Mhmm, whatever you say." Doyoung said, earning a glare from his cousin.

"Okay what about that... guy?" Yena asked, motioning to her guest room where one of the last people she wanted to see was, currrently passed out.

"Oh, Taeyong? Yeah, sorry about that one, I had to knock him out." Doyoung told her. "We were at the auction together but he saw me take out the police. Don't worry though, they're just unconscious, not dead."

"Of course they are." Yena mumbled, knowing that Doyoung could never kill that many people in a row. "Wait, why were you even at the auction?"

"For fun, what you think you're the only one that can enjoy yourself here?" Doyoung argued.

"Tch, you've just added a list of worries to my list." Yena said, making Doyoung roll his eyes.

"You? Worries? Please, you never have worries." Doyoung pointed out.

"Well guess what, now that I'm a leader of gang, I kind of have responsibilities, like finding a replacement member." Yena said without even thinking twice.

She didn't realize what she had said until Doyoung's eyes widened. "You joined the Ghouls?"

Well, too late to go back now, Yena thought as she took a deep breath. "Yeah, I did. Might as well make good use of my time here, how else do you think I got this place?"

Doyoung shook his head, clearly disappointed. "Yena, the Ghouls are dangerous. They're a group of theives that don't care about who they hurt as long as they win."

"Like we're any better, Doyoung. I've killed more people than the Ghouls have combined." Yena told her cousin but Doyoung didn't seem too convinced.

"I don't think so Yena, they took out quite a few tonight." Doyoung told her. "But if you're leading them, why weren't you at the auction?"

"I was dealing with someone else." Yena said, avoiding Doyoung's eyes but he knew her well enough.

"You killed someone, didn't you?"