Chapter 3

Neo City was bustling with people as Taeyong walked down the streets. He had read that now was the best time to be here, with the whole month filled with black market auctions.

There were tents set up on the streets, each of them selling different types of items. Taeyong was tempted to buy a sweet potato snack he saw at one of them, but knew he had to save up his money.

Speaking of money.

Taeyong was also looking out for job postings, looking at doors and windows of different stores. It seemed as though no one in Neo City was hiring.

Maybe I'll look for a place to stay first, Taeyong thought, taking the folded piece of paper where he had written the names of a few hostels he had found online.

...

Yena shoved her hands in her pockets as she walked down the streets of Neo City, towards the address her father had given her.

There was much too many people for her liking, Yena already missing the peace and quiet of the estate. She adjusted the black hood on her head from the zip up hoodie she wore, letting the front pieces of her hair lay shadows on her face.

Another thing she hated was how the people were begging her to buy a stupid item from one of their tents, people going up into her faces. Even if she wasn't going to stop, other people did, making it hard for her to thread through the streets.

Yena was too busy avoiding the crowd that she was shoved into a man who was standing in the middle of the streets.

She gritted her teeth. Why did he stop moving here? He's blocking the whole place.

"Watch it." Yena ended up saying, making the man turn around.

She gulped as she got a good look of his face, his characteristics unlike any that she had seen before.

He had round eyes and a sharp nose, he face in perfect proportions. His hair was dyed in an ash grey colour, but he looked around Doyoung's age or a little older.

Yena gave her her darkest stare but what surprised her was the fact that he didn't seemed the least bit intimidated.

That was rare.

"I'm sorry, Miss." The male said stepping out of the way. "Hope you enjoy the rest of your day."

Why is his voice so soft?

"Whatever." Yena said, blowing her hair so the man could get a good look at her face before walking away.

...

That girl was really rude, Taeyong thought as he looked back at the paper in his hands.

The girl was wearing a black zip-up hoodie which was half zipped, revealing her red crop top underneath. Her hair was is light curls, her hood on top of her head. She wore black jeans and boots, but what had captured Taeyong's attention was her eyes.

They were dark, her irises almost black. Taeyong had never seen any eyes like that before, and even though he knew that she was giving her a dirty look, he wasn't the least bit intimidated.

If she wasn't so rude, Taeyong would have asked her for help but she seemed like he didn't want to help him anyways. That's why he quickly apologized before stepping out of the girl's way, letting her continue on with the day.